Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> on 2012/10/19 18:48:54 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Release InstallApacheFlex 1.0 - RC7

On 10/19/12 9:40 AM, "Om" <bi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> We have potential fix but that is not tested.  We don't know how many new
> issues that the fix would introduce.

Feel free to post the patch and/or tell us more about it.  Does it make
sense that I could have seen this problem intermittently in English?  I just
tried the installer in Portuguese on my Mac and couldn't reproduce it.

> Any time you add code, there is potential for new bugs be introduced.  I
> don't want to take that risk now.
If we release and find that we get lots of complaints from international
customers, we'll really be in a hurry to get this fix in and release again,
so let's analyze the change now.

We are potentially days away from releasing.  Not sure how long it will take
to get those IPMC votes.  Might as well fix the problem now while we're
waiting.  If the IPMC votes for RC7 before we nail this problem, then fine,
but if they won't vote because of this issue, then we'll be that much
further ahead by working on it now.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: [DISCUSS] Release InstallApacheFlex 1.0 - RC7

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 10/19/12 10:59 AM, "Om" <bi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> As I said, I am not able to reproduce this issue on RC7 and it seems like
> even Alex cannot.  I don't deny that this is a bug or that the patch will
> fix it.  But there is not enough reason to invalidate this release
> candidate which has overwhelming support in the community for a release.
>
> Thanks,
> Om

I'm still trying to reproduce it.  I've rebooted my mac in Portuguese, and
now every menu is in Portguese, but the installer keeps defaulting to
English.  Anybody know why?

I'm still trying to figure out what percentage of our customers are going to
get this blank left pane problem and how I got it in English twice.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: [DISCUSS] Release InstallApacheFlex 1.0 - RC7

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: [DISCUSS] Release InstallApacheFlex 1.0 - RC7

Posted by Stefan Horochovec <st...@gmail.com>.
Alex

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Stefan Horochovec <st...@gmail.com>.
Alex

You are running the Installer in your mac using Portuguese translation. In
the first screen, you see the texts in portuguese.

After you select the directory for install the SDK, you go to screen about
the Licences. In this moment, I dont see any option in left side. [1]

If you change the language [2] all options appers. You can´t reproduce this
scenario?

Regards

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12549807/step1.png
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12549810/step4.png