Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by gi...@ac.com on 2000/06/13 18:19:26 UTC

Problems using xerces.jar under AIX4.3.3

In my project I use the XERCES.JAR libraries for parsing an xml string that
the system riceives
from another machine by an http connection.

All works rightly if my application is installed under a machine with
WINDOWS NT 4.0;
but if I try to install the application under a machine with AIX4.3.3, the
xerces1.0.jar doesn't work.
The error is: illegal instruction and the session of my application is
definitively closed.

The point in my java class where error occurs is:

          StringBuffer paramBuffer  = new StringBuffer(xmlString);
          int          paramLen     = xmlString.length();
          char         paramChars[] = new char[paramLen];

          paramBuffer.getChars(0, paramLen, paramChars, 0);

          byte[] contentData = new byte[paramLen];

          for (int i = 0; i < paramLen; i++)
               contentData[i] = (byte)paramChars[i];

               ByteArrayInputStream inputStream = new ByteArrayInputStream(contentData);
               InputSource inputSource = new InputSource(inputStream);
               DOMParser domParser = new DOMParser();
               domParser.parse(inputSource);

where DOMParser is: org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser (of xerces.jar)

In particular xmlString starts with:
     <?xml version="1.0" standalone="no"?>
     <!DOCTYPE R_SUBSETB SYSTEM "http://localhost:8840/DTDs/r_subsetb.dtd" >
The problem occurs if the location of dtd is specified.
If I delete the second line (location of dtd), the parser works.
But I must do the validation of the xml that I received.

Could anyone help me?
Best Regards
     Gianvito Martellotta & Fabio Lucci

Re: Problems using xerces.jar under AIX4.3.3

Posted by Daniel Barclay <Da...@digitalfocus.com>.

gianvito.martellotta@ac.com wrote:
> All works rightly if my application is installed under a machine with
> WINDOWS NT 4.0;
> but if I try to install the application under a machine with AIX4.3.3, the
> xerces1.0.jar doesn't work.
> The error is: illegal instruction and the session of my application is
> definitively closed.

(If you mean that your Unix process running the JVM crashed with the
Unix "illegal instruction error", then that sounds like a bug in your
JVM (or any JNI client code).

Daniel
--
Daniel Barclay