Posted to dev@metamodel.apache.org by Kasper Sørensen <i....@gmail.com> on 2013/07/22 11:39:16 UTC

Bug report: SFDC updates throw exception when no records impacted

Since we don't have JIRA up and running yet, here's a report via email of a
bug we just encountered at Human Inference.

The Salesforce.com web service is giving back an error when you update a
record (SObject) that does not exist. We do not handle this error in
MetaModel. Since the Salesforce.com module should behave like any other
module, it should not throw any exceptions if you try to update records
that do not exist. To examplify, a SQL statement like this:

UPDATE [table] SET foo = 'bar' WHERE baz = 1234;

Would return without problems even though there are no records where baz =
1234. In the current Salesforce.com module it throws back an exception.

We'll happily provide a patch to fix this asap and hope it can be added to
our initial Apache release.

Re: Bug report: SFDC updates throw exception when no records impacted

Posted by Kasper Sørensen <i....@gmail.com>.
OK that makes sense.

The fix has been committed and pushed now. I want to invite more
people to actively vote on these subjects, but probably on another
thread...

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kasper Sørensen <i....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kasper Sørensen <i....@gmail.com>.