Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <We...@asu.edu> on 2003/10/16 00:08:43 UTC

unable to find tld's inside .jar files on 4.1.27

I'm suddenly getting:
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: This absolute uri
(http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/tags-tiles) cannot be resolved in
either web.xml or the jar files deployed with this application

Tomcat 4.1.27 and the 10/14 nightly build of Struts.

The struts-jar file is in WEB-INF/lib, and it has struts-tiles.tld in
META-INF\tlds which has the URI mentioned above.

I'm comparing to a working app, and I don't see anything different.  I
started with the struts-blank webapp, so I've removed the taglib stuff
from web.xml and removed the tld files from WEB-INF.  Why isn't Tomcat
finding the tld in the struts.jar file?

I put struts-tiles.tld back in WEB-INF and changed the JSP to:
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-tiles.tld" prefix="tiles" %>
And it works.  (Well, now it's complaining about the JSTL core
taglib...)

--
Wendy Smoak
Applications Systems Analyst, Sr.