Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by zBit <z0...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/26 17:25:08 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_rewrite does not respect env HTTPS

Hello everyone!

I have Apache SSL virtuals behind the Nginx proxy defined with this directive:

SetEnvIf X-Forwarded-Proto https HTTPS=on

Users often use the following rewrite rule in their htaccess files for
detecting SSL connection, but the variable HTTPS is not treated as
expected:

RewriteCond %{HTTPS} =on

Is there any workaround for this? So far, I tried to disable mod_ssl
completely and also checked modules hooks and it seems that
environment files are loaded before the rewrite module.

BR, David

Re: [users@httpd] mod_rewrite does not respect env HTTPS

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 11:25 AM, zBit <z0...@gmail.com> wrote:
> RewriteCond %{HTTPS} =on
>
> Is there any workaround for this? So far, I tried to disable mod_ssl
> completely and also checked modules hooks and it seems that
> environment files are loaded before the rewrite module.

%{HTTPS} does not look up an environment variable. It calls a function
that asks the mod_ssl if if the connection is using SSL.

If it's not used for security, and your users know what it means, you
could have them use %{ENV:HTTPS}