Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Oscar Sanchez Vilar <sa...@tcd.ie> on 2000/08/05 16:06:00 UTC

Start/Stop for each new app?

Hi there.

I'm using jakarta-tomcat + apache web server. My question is: do I have
to stop jakarta-tomcat, then the server and start jakarta-tomcat and
then the server each time I want to deploy a new application. I have
tried the three methods to deploy an app suggested in the documentation
(create the hierarchy under the webbapps dir, put the war file and add
the new context in the server.xml, but I had to restart everything
whichever the method was). Should I do it in a different way?

Thanks in advance,

Oscar