Posted to user@shiro.apache.org by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org> on 2009/06/10 18:48:17 UTC

Apache JSecurity/Ki Project Rename - VOTE RESULT

Apache JSecurity/Ki and extended Apache Community,

The final results are in for the Apache JSecurity/Ki project rename vote.
Here are the results:

Apache Shiro: 16 votes
Apache Aseca: 7 votes

The new name by majority vote is "Apache Shiro".  'Shiro' (Japanese
character *城), means 'castle' in Japanese, and is an appropriate name for an
application security framework. and  *

Please look for further mails related to project migration (Jira, mailing
lists, etc) that will be based on the new name.

Finally, I'd like to offer a big "Thank You" to all who participated in this
process.  From initial name suggestions to intermediate votes to final vote
- the entire process was driven and concluded by the entire Apache
community.  Thanks to everyone for your help.

Best,

Les Hazlewood
"Apache Shiro" project member

Re: Apache JSecurity/Ki Project Rename - VOTE RESULT

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
2009/6/11 Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>:
> ...I would like to congratulate the Apache Shiro community for a well
> exercised name change. It was brought to the Incubator as a hopeless
> proposition, one that would create another 1000 mail thread, bitter
> debate and a long-drawn battle for nothing. I am glad that a straight
> forward approach was taken, accepted and executed, with good results.
> I hope that this community and others in the ASF can look back at this
> time and see that collaboration as a team, without individual egos at
> play, and a willingness to succeed is a great tool to move forward...

Big +1
-Bertrand

Re: Apache JSecurity/Ki Project Rename - VOTE RESULT

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 12:48 AM, Les Hazlewood<lh...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Apache JSecurity/Ki and extended Apache Community,
>>
>> The final results are in for the Apache JSecurity/Ki project rename vote.
>> Here are the results:
>>
>> Apache Shiro: 16 votes
>> Apache Aseca: 7 votes
>>
>> The new name by majority vote is "Apache Shiro".  'Shiro' (Japanese
>> character *城), means 'castle' in Japanese, and is an appropriate name for an
>> application security framework. and  *
>>

> I would like to congratulate the Apache Shiro community for a well
> exercised name change. It was brought to the Incubator as a hopeless
> proposition, one that would create another 1000 mail thread, bitter
> debate and a long-drawn battle for nothing. I am glad that a straight
> forward approach was taken, accepted and executed, with good results.
> I hope that this community and others in the ASF can look back at this
> time and see that collaboration as a team, without individual egos at
> play, and a willingness to succeed is a great tool to move forward.

KISS principle : it always wins ! Congrat to the team !

> Cheers

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Le'charny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org

Re: Apache JSecurity/Ki Project Rename - VOTE RESULT

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.

--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

I  live here; http://tinyurl.com/2qq9er
I  work here; http://tinyurl.com/2ymelc
I relax here; http://tinyurl.com/2cgsug

Re: Apache JSecurity/Ki Project Rename - VOTE RESULT

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.