Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by bobMeliev <b....@gmail.com> on 2013/10/01 15:54:02 UTC

Re: Understanding Hits per second

Strange. 10 users can't generate load with 21 req/s. Provide more information
about thread properties.

Re: Understanding Hits per second

Posted by Kirk Pepperdine <ki...@gmail.com>.
Hi Phillppe,

Like I mentioned, I came in late on the thread.. So, I think the question here isn't can 10 thread generate 21 req/s but more to the point, if I need 21 req/s how can I setup JMeter to deliver this without having the server interfere with it doing so. Given that server response time in this case could be a huge source of CO, you'd not want to have the harness depend upon a thread being freed by the server before a new request could be issued.

Regards,
Kirk

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hello Kirk,

<ki...@gmail.com>wrote:

> [...]
> > req/s .
> >
> > This test is stupid but just to confirm you can hit this rate.
> > The results you mention are strange and I think wrong.
> >
> > Regards
> > Philippe
> > @philmdot
> >

> > On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 12:47 PM, bobMeliev
> > <b.meliev@gmail.com<javascript:_e({}, 'cvml', 'b.meliev@gmail.com');>
> >> wrote:
> >
> >> Nope. Even by default Dummy Sampler couldn't generate such load.
> Screenshot
> >> attached.
> >>
> >> <http://jmeter.512774.n5.nabble.com/file/n5718286/screenshot_233.png>
> >>
> >> 21 req/s is huge load just for 10 users. Check this report
> >>

> http://blazemeter.com/blog/increasing-productivity-wordpress-site-when-using-blazemeter-its-easy-task
> >> with 300 users generated only 5 req/s load and with such load CPU was

Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: Understanding Hits per second

Posted by Kirk Pepperdine <ki...@gmail.com>.
3ms response time which means that 333.33 makes sense.. until you see that you've only one sample and then.... this is a calculation that shouldn't be performed with only one sample.

Regards,
Kirk

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Read the full answer by sebb, he says it's fixed in next release in 2007,
so IMHO it is fixed.

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hello,
Of course you can generate even much more than 21req / s.
If fully depends on your response times.

Want to test:
- Create a mirror server listening on 8081
- Create an HTTP Sampler hitting localhost:8081
- Add only an aggregate report

Running on a last generation Mac Book Pro with default configuration => 517
req/s .

This test is stupid but just to confirm you can hit this rate.
The results you mention are strange and I think wrong.

Regards
Philippe
@philmdot

On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 12:47 PM, bobMeliev
<b.meliev@gmail.com<javascript:_e({}, 'cvml', 'b.meliev@gmail.com');>
> wrote:

> Nope. Even by default Dummy Sampler couldn't generate such load. Screenshot
> attached.
>
> <http://jmeter.512774.n5.nabble.com/file/n5718286/screenshot_233.png>
>
> 21 req/s is huge load just for 10 users. Check this report
>
> http://blazemeter.com/blog/increasing-productivity-wordpress-site-when-using-blazemeter-its-easy-task
> with 300 users generated only 5 req/s load and with such load CPU was 75%
> busy.

Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: Understanding Hits per second

Posted by Flavio Cysne <fl...@gmail.com>.
10 users CAN generate load with 21 req/s, because the measure is per
second. If 1 request gets its response in less than a half second then 21
req/s is a possible measure.