Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Scott, Brian" <Sc...@talgov.com> on 2005/06/21 21:34:14 UTC

Location of backwards compatibility patch

Hello friends.  I'm curious if anyone can guide me to the Tomcat
compatibility patch that will allow me to run Tomcat 5.5 under jdk 142_05.
I spent some time on the jakarta site but was unable to locate the file.
Thank you in advance.

Brian Scott
Database Analyst
850 891 5696
850 322 2410

Re: Location of backwards compatibility patch

Posted by Matt Galvin <ma...@gmail.com>.
On 6/21/05, Scott, Brian <Sc...@talgov.com> wrote:
> Hello friends.  I'm curious if anyone can guide me to the Tomcat
> compatibility patch that will allow me to run Tomcat 5.5 under jdk 142_05.
> I spent some time on the jakarta site but was unable to locate the file.
> Thank you in advance.

Its not a "patch", its a few files that allow for this backward compat.

I belive this is what you are looking for:

http://www.mirrormonster.com/apache.org/jakarta/tomcat-5/v5.5.9/bin/jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9-compat.tar.gz

The page it is on is:

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/downloads/downloads_tomcat-5.cgi

Its called: 5.5.9 Compat tar.gz

Hope this helps,

Matt

Re: Location of backwards compatibility patch

Posted by Jason Bainbridge <jb...@gmail.com>.
On 6/21/05, Scott, Brian <Sc...@talgov.com> wrote:
> Hello friends.  I'm curious if anyone can guide me to the Tomcat
> compatibility patch that will allow me to run Tomcat 5.5 under jdk 142_05.
> I spent some time on the jakarta site but was unable to locate the file.
> Thank you in advance.

look for a suffix of -compat on the download page right where you got 5.5 from.

I really can't see how many people can't see that along with the admin
package, maybe we should make the link blink. :P

regards,
--
Jason Bainbridge
http://kde.org - webmaster@kde.org