Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/11 21:48:33 UTC

[VOTE] Release Velocity Engine 1.6.3

Let's push this one out soon folks.  The release candidate is available here:

http://people.apache.org/~nbubna/velocity/engine/1.6.3/

[ ] +1 Let's do it
[ ] +0 Have fun; i don't care.
[ ] -0  Not sure about this, but i won't stop you.
[ ] -1 No, because __________________

I would really love to see the necessary +1 votes by Monday (12/14)
afternoon, so i can announce a Wed (12/16) release.   Please, please
don't leave this vote to drag out or require a re-vote.  I may not
have time for this again until the new year.  Oh, and please forgive
this little guilt trip.   I will still appreciate all of you even if
it doesn't work out, but i'm rather hoping it does happen. :)

Re: [VOTE] Release Velocity Engine 1.6.3

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.
Argh.  a) sorry, too late.  b) no one ever confirmed my fix for
VELOCITY-718, so i never merged it into the 1.6.x branch  c) while
waiting for confirmation, i forgot about 718, so i didn't even
remember it when i asked for 748 to be filed.  d) i'm apparently doing
too much if i can't even keep track of a critical threading bug.

ok, i'm done whining.  at this point, i'm ready to just assume
(yikes!) that my fix for 718 works, and merge it into the 1.6.x branch
and begin working on a 1.6.4 release.  considering impending holiday
offline periods, the odds of 1.6.4 coming out in 2009 are not
promising.

Posted by Jarkko Viinamäki-2 <wy...@sci.fi>.

Posted by Claude Brisson <cl...@renegat.net>.
Tests ran fine on my box, and tested on one app, ok for me.

+1

  Claude

Posted by Henning Schmiedehausen <he...@schmiedehausen.org>.
+1 looks good.

-h

Posted by Malcolm Edgar <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1

regards Malcolm Edgar

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.
And my +1 makes three. :)

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Release Velocity Engine 1.6.3

Posted by Byron Foster <by...@base2.cc>.
For what it is worth, mines a +0

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.
The vote has passed, i'll try to get this ready for a Wednesday announcement.

+1 from
Claude Brisson
Henning Schmiedehausen
Nathan Bubna