Posted to watchdog-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Dan Connelly <ds...@adelphia.net> on 2000/11/15 19:18:37 UTC

First? JUnit

Do not reply to me.  Reply to   Watchdog <wa...@jakarta.apache.org>

This list is dangerous !   It doesn't decorate my messages with the list name or with the proper reply routing.

This list is the Apache Jakarta Watchdog developers list, which may be an empty list except for me, for all I know.

At any rate, I am now replying to my "first" post on this list:   It looks like JUnit has been integrated with Ant.  Since Watchdog uses Ant, the JUnit framework should be available for Watchdog.   (I am guessing.)

It also looks like Gtest and JUnit are "compatible", perhaps even complementary.

At first blush, then, it looks feasible to extend Watchdog for JUnit testing of the API compliant servlets.  (But I am not precisely sure what I mean by this.)

It seems that I have just volunteered to figure out what I do mean, and to code up a preliminary patch or code branch.  Or. to declare it a nonsense.

Suggestions welcome.

Dan Connelly,  Burlington  VT
(not Dan Connolly of W3C)