Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rob Hartill <ro...@imdb.com> on 1997/01/07 00:52:29 UTC

Compile-time error for function gettimeofday in file mod_usertrack.c (fwd)

not acked. Anyone with time/expertise to help, please go for it.

Posted by Mark J Cox <ma...@ukweb.com>.
>   mod_usertrack.c: In function `make_cookie':
>   mod_usertrack.c:134: too many arguments to function `gettimeofday'
>
> The output of uname -a is:
>   UNIX_System_V beauty 4.0 R40V4.4 m88k mc88100
>
> I sent you an message earlier today stating that I had to set
> WANTHSREGEX to "yes" for my OS.

Turns out that although the man page on his system shows the two
arguments here is what is in his <sys/time.h> file so __BSD__ isn't set.

#ifdef __BSD__
int gettimeofday(struct timeval *, struct timezone *);
int settimeofday(const struct timeval *, const struct timezone *);
#else
int (gettimeofday)(struct timeval *);
int (settimeofday)(const struct timeval *);
#endif /* __BSD__ */

Mark @ukweb