Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Aaron Cooper <AR...@vac-acc.gc.ca> on 2001/07/27 13:20:31 UTC

apache -> tomcat

Hi folks

   i'm using apache 1.3 and tomcat 3.3.  apache is working fine, and tomcat is working great.. as standalone.  however, apache doesnt seem to be sending the servlet requests to tomcat.  I've checked the errror_log from apache, and found the following:

  [error] Cannot remove module mod_jk.c: not found in module list

Would this have anything to do with the above mentioned problem?
Any ideas on why apache may not be sending the requests to tomcat? the /examples directory isnt even showing up.

Cheers

Aaron

Re: apache -> tomcat

Posted by "Mykola A. Nickishov" <mn...@mn.com.ua>.
"Aaron Cooper" <AR...@vac-acc.gc.ca> writes:

>    i'm using apache 1.3 and tomcat 3.3.  apache is working fine, and tomcat is working great.. as standalone.  however, apache doesnt seem to be sending the servlet requests to tomcat.  I've checked the errror_log from apache, and found the following:
>
>   [error] Cannot remove module mod_jk.c: not found in module list
>
> Would this have anything to do with the above mentioned problem?

If you have _any_ problems while loading mod_jk apache can't redirect
requests from user to tomcat.

> Any ideas on why apache may not be sending the requests to tomcat? the /examples directory isnt even showing up.

Aaron, send httpd.conf please.

--
ICQ #83060237
MAN-UANIC NIK6-RIPE

RE: JDK version

Posted by Tia Haenni <th...@kc.rr.com>.
You need the J2EE classes which contain the API for servlets, JSP. See this
page:
http://java.sun.com/j2ee/download.html

Tia

  I have downloaded the jakarta-tomcat-3.2.3 and installed on my PC with
Windows 2000 OS. It seems running well but I can not get the .jsp
working-all the <% --- %>'s  just show up in the browser. I am using
JDK1.3.1. Is that because JDK1.3.1 does not support servlet? Thanks a lot.

Libo

JDK version