Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch> on 2003/03/28 17:58:13 UTC

Re: [ANN] XMLForm as a standalone servlet toolkit (decoupling XMLForm?)

Le Vendredi, 28 mars 2003, à 15:40 Europe/Zurich, ivelin a écrit :

> ...I have been asked numerous times via private emails, if it can be
> used
> independently for smaller projects?
> It can be cleanly isolated and interfaced with cocoon via some sort of
> adapter....

Then it might be ideal to refactor and just take the *core XMLForm* out
of Cocoon as a separate project, like Chaperon and jfor do for example,
they are hosted on SF with just minimal adapter stuff in the Cocoon
codebase and use ASF-compatible licenses.

If you could do this first and *then* move the core XMLForm out of
Cocoon it might be much better technically (=decoupling) and
community-wise than having an external project than strongly depends on
Cocoon code and vice-versa.

-Bertrand

Re: [ANN] XMLForm as a standalone servlet toolkit (decoupling XMLForm?)

Posted by ivelin <iv...@apache.org>.
This is what I consider best of both worlds.
At this point I can use some more specific direction?

One way is to maintain the cocoon.action.XMLFormAction and
cocoon.transformation.XMLFormTransformer,
while the rest of the XMLForm code can be isolated.

Other ideas?

-=Ivelin=-

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.