Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Omar Benjelloun <om...@inria.fr> on 2001/11/19 12:25:22 UTC

building SOAP answers

Hi,

This is probably a very stupid question... but I didn't figure out a
(simple) answer yet.
Suppose I build a service, and I already know how to compute the answer for
an operation. I want to generate, in the simplest possible way, the correct
SOAP answers.
But since the mechanism that computes the answers is generic for several
operations (a.k.a it is not 1 class per operation), I cannot just
"magically" turn a class into a web service.

I started looking at creating a SOAP envelope and adding a bdoy element by
specifying a namespace, etc.... Is this the simplest way to go ?

Thanks,

Omar

_____________________________

Omar Benjelloun
tel: +33 (0)1 39 63 52 83
mailto:omar.benjelloun@inria.fr
http://www-rocq.inria.fr/~benjello
_____________________________

Re: building SOAP answers

Posted by Omar Benjelloun <om...@inria.fr>.
Oops,

Now that I read it again, I can see that my description was not really
clear...

What I'm trying to do: knowing the answer to a SOAP request, I want to build
a SOAP message "manually" whithout going as low as generating a DOM tree or
writing the full string.

Why : All my services use the same "engine". Each service provides (and is
defined by) a specific, statically defined parametrization for it.
Therefore, when evaluating a service call, I call my engine "manually",
along with the call parameters, and I also have to build the answer
"manually".

I couldn't think of a design pattern that would capture this behaviour in a
more elegant fashion, so that's the way I'm doing it...

Hope this is clearer,

Omar