Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by allan juul <al...@muly.dk> on 2005/05/17 21:13:02 UTC

rotatelog on win32

hello

i have run into a strange problem on windows mod_perl2 RC6 using
rotaleog.exe

i have this in httpd.conf

CustomLog "|D:/rotatelogs.exe \
d:/logs/apache2/http/apache.%Y-%m-%d-%H_%M_%S 86400" combined

if i don't load mod_perl there are never a problem.

if i load mod_perl, i can (sometimes) start apache *once* but never
restart without hand-killing the apache.exe and rotaleog.exe via Windows
TaskManager

httpd.conf:
LoadFile "C:/Perl/bin/perl58.dll"

if i don't use rotation there are no starting problems

anyone experiences and/or fixes for this behavior ?
./allan

Re: rotatelog on win32

Posted by al...@muly.dk.
Quoting Arnaud Blancher <Ar...@ungi.net>:

> allan juul wrote:
>
>> hello
>>
>> i have run into a strange problem on windows mod_perl2 RC6 using
>> rotaleog.exe
>>
>> i have this in httpd.conf
>>
>> CustomLog "|D:/rotatelogs.exe \
>> d:/logs/apache2/http/apache.%Y-%m-%d-%H_%M_%S 86400" combined
>>

>> if i don't load mod_perl there are never a problem.
>>
>> if i load mod_perl, i can (sometimes) start apache *once* but never
>> restart without hand-killing the apache.exe and rotaleog.exe via
>> Windows TaskManager
>>

> i don't known you apache version, butin apache 2.052 change log, they say:
>

> http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/httpd-2.0.52-rc1/CHANGES
> Changes with Apache 2.0.51
>
> *) Win32: apache -k start|restart|install|config can leave stranded
>
>   piped logger processes (eg, rotatelogs.exe) due to improper
>   server shutdown on these code paths.
>   maybe it's your problem ?

thx, [i can't see that URL], but my problem is that it's only happeninh
when enabling mod_perl - without mod_perl, there's no problem

./a

Re: rotatelog on win32

Posted by Arnaud Blancher <Ar...@ungi.net>.
allan juul wrote:

> hello
>
> i have run into a strange problem on windows mod_perl2 RC6 using
> rotaleog.exe
>
> i have this in httpd.conf
>
> CustomLog "|D:/rotatelogs.exe \
> d:/logs/apache2/http/apache.%Y-%m-%d-%H_%M_%S 86400" combined
>

> if i don't load mod_perl there are never a problem.
>
> if i load mod_perl, i can (sometimes) start apache *once* but never
> restart without hand-killing the apache.exe and rotaleog.exe via
> Windows TaskManager

i don't known you apache version, butin apache 2.052 change log, they say:

http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/httpd-2.0.52-rc1/CHANGES
Changes with Apache 2.0.51

*) Win32: apache -k start|restart|install|config can leave stranded

   piped logger processes (eg, rotatelogs.exe) due to improper
   server shutdown on these code paths.

maybe it's your problem ?

Arnaud.