Posted to user@ode.apache.org by Michael Horwitz <mi...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/05 10:56:53 UTC

NAMESPACE_ERR on assign in ODE process

Hi,

I have a process that runs successfully for numerous invocations ( a few
hundred) and then suddenly starts throwing the exception shown below. The
issue is not only that the exception is raised for a single process, but
that every invocation of the process from then on (i.e. a message that
should start a new process) fails with the same error message. Any ideas as
to how to fix?

I am using ODE 1.0 JBI deployed in ServiceMix 3.1.

Thanks

Mike.

07:09:36,831 | ERROR | pool-1-thread-44 | JacobVPU |
b.vpu.JacobVPU$JacobThreadImpl 463 | Method "run" in class "
org.apache.ode.bpel.runtime.ASSIGN" threw an unexpected exception.
org.w3c.dom.DOMException: NAMESPACE_ERR: An attempt is made to create or
change an object in a way which is incorrect with regard to namespaces.
at org.apache.xerces.dom.ElementNSImpl.setName(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.dom.ElementNSImpl.<init>(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.dom.CoreDocumentImpl.createElementNS(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.dom.CoreDocumentImpl.importNode(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.dom.CoreDocumentImpl.importNode(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.ode.bpel.runtime.ASSIGN.replaceElement(ASSIGN.java:474)
at org.apache.ode.bpel.runtime.ASSIGN.copy(ASSIGN.java:411)
at org.apache.ode.bpel.runtime.ASSIGN.run(ASSIGN.java:79)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor71.invoke(Unknown Source)
DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at org.apache.ode.jacob.vpu.JacobVPU$JacobThreadImpl.run(JacobVPU.java:451)
at org.apache.ode.jacob.vpu.JacobVPU.execute(JacobVPU.java:139)
at org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelRuntimeContextImpl.execute(
BpelRuntimeContextImpl.java:817)
at org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.PartnerLinkMyRoleImpl.invokeMyRole(
PartnerLinkMyRoleImpl.java:193)
at org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelProcess.invokeProcess(BpelProcess.java:153)

at org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelProcess.handleWorkEvent(BpelProcess.java:280)

at org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelEngineImpl.onScheduledJob(
BpelEngineImpl.java:311)
at org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelServerImpl.onScheduledJob(
BpelServerImpl.java:390)
at org.apache.ode.bpel.scheduler.quartz.QuartzSchedulerImpl.doExecute(
QuartzSchedulerImpl.java:351)
at org.apache.ode.bpel.scheduler.quartz.QuartzSchedulerImpl.access$000(
QuartzSchedulerImpl.java:65)
at org.apache.ode.bpel.scheduler.quartz.QuartzSchedulerImpl$1$1.call(
QuartzSchedulerImpl.java:234)
at org.apache.ode.bpel.scheduler.quartz.QuartzSchedulerImpl.execTransaction(
QuartzSchedulerImpl.java:275)
at org.apache.ode.bpel.scheduler.quartz.QuartzSchedulerImpl$2.call(
QuartzSchedulerImpl.java:303)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:269)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(
ThreadPoolExecutor.java:650)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(
ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
07:09:36,831 | ERROR | pool-1-thread-44 | BpelEngineImpl |
ode.bpel.engine.BpelEngineImpl 320 | Scheduled job failed;
jobDetail={type=INVOKE_INTERNAL, inmem=true, mexid=4611686018427389969,
pid={http://abnamro.com/sc/algotf}algotf-bpe-3}
java.lang.RuntimeException: org.w3c.dom.DOMException: NAMESPACE_ERR: An
attempt is made to create or change an object in a way which is incorrect
with regard to namespaces.
at org.apache.ode.jacob.vpu.JacobVPU$JacobThreadImpl.run(JacobVPU.java:464)
[...]

Caused by: org.w3c.dom.DOMException: NAMESPACE_ERR: An attempt is made to
create or change an object in a way which is incorrect with regard to
namespaces.
at org.apache.xerces.dom.ElementNSImpl.setName(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.dom.ElementNSImpl.<init>(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.dom.CoreDocumentImpl.createElementNS(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.dom.CoreDocumentImpl.importNode(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.dom.CoreDocumentImpl.importNode(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.ode.bpel.runtime.ASSIGN.replaceElement(ASSIGN.java:474)
at org.apache.ode.bpel.runtime.ASSIGN.copy(ASSIGN.java:411)
at org.apache.ode.bpel.runtime.ASSIGN.run(ASSIGN.java:79)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor71.invoke(Unknown Source)
DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at org.apache.ode.jacob.vpu.JacobVPU$JacobThreadImpl.run(JacobVPU.java:451)
... 17 more

Re: NAMESPACE_ERR on assign in ODE process

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.
Hi Michael,

One workaround is to force buildr to use a different version of the net-ssh
library.   On my machine, I can edit the file:

/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/specifications/buildr-1.1.3.gemspec
(not sure where this file is on Windows)

and change the version number on this line:

  s.add_dependency(%q<net-ssh>, ["= 1.1.2"])

alex

Posted by Michael Horwitz <mi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Alex - next hurdle:

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.
Should be fixed now.

Posted by Dan <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alex,
Can you check the permissions.  The link is returning a 403 forbidden when I
try to hit it.

Thanks,
Dan

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.