Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com> on 2022/11/02 12:49:23 UTC

TomEE MicroProfile compatible implementation

Hi all,

I was looking at what it would take to get TomEE listed as a compatible
MicroProfile 5.0 implementation.

https://microprofile.io/compatible/
I looked at the page, and the process is pretty straight forward

Looking more deeply there are a couple of requirements for the TCK for
instance.
https://github.com/microprofile/microprofile-wg/blob/main/tckprocess.adoc

Public TCK Results Summary

> While certification is on your honor, the community MUST be able to see
> your test results summary. At a minimum a results summary MUST:
>
>    -
>
>    Be publicly visible with no password protection or sign-up
>    -
>
>    Include a Summary Page containing:
>    -
>
>       All information in the above Certification Request
>       -
>
>       The Total number of tests run and passed.
>
> An optional "Test List Page" showing all tests run may be linked from the
> Summary Page. The Summary Page URL is the URL that MUST be included in any
> Certification Requests.
>
> The following are explicitly not requirements:
>
>    -
>
>    The Ability for the public to run the tests themselves
>    -
>
>    Full log output of the TCK
>
> Implementors may supply this information and provide support for how to
> run a TCK against their implementation, but it is not required.

Can someone create such a page on our website or explain how I can do it?
How do we handle the TCK result?
We run them at least everyday or on every commit. So we know we pass them
all. But we don't keep the builds and the results. For example, for the
current 9.0.0.RC1. Should we create a dedicated build that runs the
microprofile tck and leave it for as long as it is needed?

--
Jean-Louis Monteiro
http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro

Re: TomEE MicroProfile compatible implementation

Posted by Richard Zowalla <ri...@zowalla.com>.
Hi JL,

we have had TCK results available for 9.0.0-M7. You find a link on the
archive [1] or the direct link [2]. The source is here: [3].

Perhaps it is possible to just create a copy of that page and adjust
it?

Jenkins CI can archive jobs but that would raise the question how long
we want them to be archived. Are we required to provide a CI build url
or is a page similar to [2] sufficient?

Gruß
Richard

[1] https://tomee.apache.org/download-archive.html