Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Stuart McCulloch <mc...@apache.org> on 2009/09/23 06:05:52 UTC

[ANN] Felix maven-bundle-plugin version 2.0.1 released

The Apache Felix team is pleased to announce the release of
maven-bundle-plugin 2.0.1

Here is the list of issues fixed in this release:

Bugs

   - [FELIX-981 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-981>] - Warning
   about split packages even with -split-package directive
   - [FELIX-984 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-984>] - site's
   <Bundle-Version> documentation is wrong
   - [FELIX-1017 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-1017>] -
   Generic types ignored when generating MANIFEST.MF
   - [FELIX-1021 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-1021>] -
   Classifier always used even if not explicitly set in the configuration
   - [FELIX-1023 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-1023>] -
   Category Information not exported to obr file
   - [FELIX-1148 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-1148>] - NPE
   during bundleall goal
   - [FELIX-1240 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-1240>] -
   BundlePlugin fails in combination with apt-plugin
   - [FELIX-1262 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-1262>] -
   [regression] shared archive resources cannot be found
   - [FELIX-1439 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-1439>] -
   maven-bundle-plugin resource filtering does not substitute
   project.organization.*
   - [FELIX-1461 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-1461>] -
   Corrupted repository.xml when maven is run in parallel
   - [FELIX-1501 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-1501>] - Using
   a macro in Bundle-Version with the manifest goal causes garbage in the
   Export-Package and Private-Package headers.
   - [FELIX-1539 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-1539>] -
   generated-classes not included in bundle

Improvements

   - [FELIX-1054 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-1054>] - The
   deploy and deploy-file plugin should write the computed bundle uri
   - [FELIX-1290 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-1290>] -
   Missing dependencies silently ignored
   - [FELIX-1552 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-1552>] - Add
   support for blueprint and spring-dm declarations to import the discovered
   packages

A quick bundle example using the classic Maven quickstart project:

  mvn archetype:create -DgroupId=com.mycompany.app -DartifactId=my-app

     # edit the pom.xml, change packaging from jar to bundle and add:

  <build>
    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <groupId>org.apache.felix</ groupId>
        <version>2.0.1</version>
        <extensions>true</extensions>
      </plugin>
    </plugins>
  </build>

  mvn clean install        # you should now have a valid OSGi bundle

plugin docs:   http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-maven-bundle-plugin
-bnd.html
plugin FAQ:   http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-bundle-plugin
-faq.html
bnd docs:       http://www.aqute.biz/Code/Bnd

--
Regards, the Apache Felix team

Re: [ANN] Felix maven-bundle-plugin version 2.0.1 released

Posted by Patrick Forhan <fe...@muddyhorse.com>.
On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 2:03 PM, Stuart McCulloch <mc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> could you also raise a JIRA issue to investigate how best to solve the
> property issue? (loading spring sounds like overkill)

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-1639

As I mention there, I think the aQute plugin is doing the spring
analysis work...

Pat.

--
Defy mediocrity.

Re: [ANN] Felix maven-bundle-plugin version 2.0.1 released

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <mc...@gmail.com>.
2009/9/25 Patrick Forhan <fe...@muddyhorse.com>

> On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 11:07 PM, Stuart McCulloch <mc...@apache.org>
> wrote:
> > The Apache Felix team is pleased to announce the release of
> > maven-bundle-plugin 2.0.1
> > Improvements
> >   - [FELIX-1552 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-1552>] -
> Add
> >   support for blueprint and spring-dm declarations to import the
> discovered
> >   packages
>
> This is cool, but it breaks our build, since some of our spring files
> rely on system properties.  Is maven-bundle-plugin actually using
> spring the load the XML, or is it just scanning the xml file for
> class="" parameters?

afaik it's just scanning the XML file - but Guillaume can probably give you
more details, as he made the actual change

to turn off the scanning just add a <_plugin/> instruction, like so:

  <plugin>
    <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
    <version>2.0.1</version>
    <extensions>true</extensions>
    <configuration>
      <instructions>
        <_plugin/>  <!-- turn off additional scanning, such as blueprint XML
config -->
      </instructions>
    </configuration>
  </plugin>

could you also raise a JIRA issue to investigate how best to solve the
property issue? (loading spring sounds like overkill)

Thanks,

> Pat.
>
> --
> Defy mediocrity.

Cheers, Stuart

Re: [ANN] Felix maven-bundle-plugin version 2.0.1 released

Posted by Patrick Forhan <fe...@muddyhorse.com>.