Posted to marketing@openoffice.apache.org by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org> on 2012/10/08 07:47:18 UTC

[Proposal] OpenOffice Mascott Idea

The idea of a mascot is nothing new ans there has been some efforts in
the past for having such.

I wonder if this is something that we want to push moving forward.
Many FLOSS projects have great mascots with maybe Tux being the most
emblematic. But also others like Foxkeh.

OpenOffice has had Otto as well as La moundette. I wonder if we want
to revitalize such efforts for the upcoming 4.0.

--
Alexandro Colorado
PPMC Apache OpenOffice

Re: [Proposal] OpenOffice Mascott Idea

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 10/8/12 7:47 AM, Alexandro Colorado wrote:
> The idea of a mascot is nothing new ans there has been some efforts in
> the past for having such.
>
> I wonder if this is something that we want to push moving forward.
> Many FLOSS projects have great mascots with maybe Tux being the most
> emblematic. But also others like Foxkeh.
>
> OpenOffice has had Otto as well as La moundette. I wonder if we want
> to revitalize such efforts for the upcoming 4.0.

OpenOffice had no official mascot in the past but that doesn't mean that
we couldn't have one. Just to make clear that we never had an official
mascot as far as I know.

Juergen