Posted to xml-commons-dev@xerces.apache.org by Craeg K Strong <cs...@arielpartners.com> on 2003/07/06 05:04:31 UTC

roadmap for resolver 1.1 release?

The ant-dev community is starting the planning process for an
Ant 1.6 release.  Due to the xmlcatalog integration, there is now
a dependency between Ant and resolver.

The Ant CVS currently depends on changes in the resolver CVS.
What are the plans for the resolver 1.1 release?  Are there any more
major chunks of functionality to be completed?

Thanks,

--Craeg

Re: roadmap for resolver 1.1 release?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 08 Jul 2003, David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au> wrote:

> Have you been testing the CVS version of resolver with Ant?

I cannot speak for Craeg, but can confirm that we've tested the CVS
version of resolver with Ant - in fact Gump does so with every nightly
build.

The point is that the API has changed from resolver 1.0 release in a
way that makes it impossible to write code that compiles against
resolver 1.0 and the CVS code.  Ant has chosen to go with the CVS
version since months and it would be a pitty to roll back for an Ant
1.6 release (which has not been scheduled yet).

Stefan

Re: roadmap for resolver 1.1 release?

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au>.
Craeg K Strong wrote:
> The ant-dev community is starting the planning process for an
> Ant 1.6 release.  Due to the xmlcatalog integration, there is now
> a dependency between Ant and resolver.
>
> The Ant CVS currently depends on changes in the resolver CVS.
> What are the plans for the resolver 1.1 release?  Are there any more
> major chunks of functionality to be completed?
>
> Thanks,

I am not a developer of Resolver, but i sure am a keen user and want
to see it in wider use.

Have you been testing the CVS version of resolver with Ant?
I have tried it out with Cocoon and it seems fine - we have various
samples there that exercise it. I will add it to our CVS head soon
and get some cross-platform tests.

--David

Re: roadmap for resolver 1.1 release?

Posted by Norman Walsh <nd...@nwalsh.com>.