Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org> on 2021/01/25 16:59:35 UTC

Re: [Apache Fuseki] Limits of Apache Fuseki Triple Store

On 25/01/2021 07:02, Marco Franke wrote:
> Dear developers,
>
> we use the Apache Fuseki Triple Store to store sensory data. Up to now,
> it works pretty well.
>
> The challenge is that we have to import a lot of data in the upcoming month.
>
> At the moment, we have stored already ca. 500 000 triples and everything
> is fine.

In memory, 10's of millions compact and in-memory isn't something that
is specially optimized but the bounds are RAM not design. e.g. the
default heap size (-Xmx in the scripts) for Fuseki is quite low.

See Pauls' reply for when using TDB.

> My question is whether there is a limitation of the amount of triples to
> be stored and queried?

Internal design limitations are much higher.

> My second question is how to download the data again.
>
> I know there is the …./get endpoint for each endpoint. Does this
> endpoint works for huge datasets, too?

Yes - it streams and it is transaction so it reads consistent snapshot
and does not require all the data in memory at once.

See also the /$/backup operation which writes a quads file in the
background to the local disk (so it does not go over the network and
does not require the client to hang around).

     Andy