Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Michael Pasko <mp...@TICOSTAT.COM> on 2005/06/07 20:09:18 UTC

Servlet Concurrency Issues

I've recently developed a servlet that connects to an AS/400, and returns
results off an sql query based off criteria submitted by a form.  I've had
pretty much exclusive use of the Tomcat server during development, but when
I started allowing other users on it, I stumbled on some problems.
Basically what happens, when user A submits the form, and then 2 seconds
later user B submits the same form.  User A stops getting results, and User
B receives the output for his request as well as the end of User A's
request.  User A is on a different computer than B and both have different
session ID's.  I'm sure this is a configuration error on my part, but would
appreciate a direction on where to look.

PS - I create a session if it doesn't exist, and store the username and DB
connection in it.  (Will use JNDI later)

I'm using Tomcat 5.5.7

RE: Servlet Concurrency Issues

Posted by George Sexton <gs...@mhsoftware.com>.
You're probably using instance properties on the servlet object.

George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.
http://www.mhsoftware.com/