Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Stefan Wachter <St...@gmx.de> on 2007/03/21 20:00:37 UTC

IIS 7.0

Hi all,

has anyone already managed to integrate Tomcat into an IIS 7.0 using the
isapi_redirect.dll? I tried for several hours but did not succeed.

--Stefan

RE: Re: IIS 7.0

Posted by "Garner, Shawn" <sh...@vangent.com>.
What version of the connector did you use?

I am unable to get it to work with IIS 6.0 and JK-1.2.23

Shawn

Re: IIS 7.0

Posted by Stefan Wachter <St...@gmx.de>.
Hi Mladen (and other experts),

many thanks for the information. After much mess I manged to integrate
Tomcat
into IIS 7.0 once. In order to rectify things I tried to do the integration
again
starting with a plain Vista Ultimate installation. Yet, I did not succeed
again!

Here is what I did:

1. I installed Vista Ultimate. During installation I choose the option that
   all available updates should be installed too.

2. I installed Java and Tomcat with my webapp included. Connecting directly
   Tomcat with a browser I checked that the webapp is up.

3. I installed IIS. In the dialog to turn Windows features on or off I first
   clicked on the root node "Internet Information Services" which selects a
   default set of features. Then I added ISAPI Extensions & ISAPI Filters
   resulting in the following selection:

Internet Information Services
---Web Management Tools
------IIS Management Console
---World Wide Web Services
------Application Development Features
---------ISAPI Extensions
---------ISAPI Filters
------Common Http Features
---------Default Document
---------Directory Browsing
---------HTTP Errors
---------Static Content
------Health and Diagnostics
---------HTTP Logging
---------Request Monitor
------Performance Features
---------Static Content Compression
------Security
---------Request Filtering

4. After the IIS components were installed I started the IIS Manager.

4.1 On the server node opened the "ISAP and CGI Restrictions" and added the
    isapi_redirect.dll allowing this extension path to execute.

4.2 On the default web site I added a new virtual directory and entered its
    alias ("polfha") and as physical path the directory where
isapi_redirect.dll resides.

4.3 On the default web site I opened the "ISAPI Filters" and added the
    isapi_redirect.dll naming the filter "polfha".

4.4 Finally, on the node of the "polfha" virtual directory I opened the
   "Handler Mappings" and enabled the "ISAP-dll" handler. Selecting the
   "ISAPI-dll" handler I edited the handler permissions having "Read",
   "Script", and "Execute" checked.

After I had restarted IIS I tried to reach my webapp at
"http://localhost/polfha/index.html". I got an "404.0" error. I assume that
the redirector configuration is correct because it worked once under Vista
and
it works always under Windows 2000 / XP.

Any ideas? Thanks for your attention!

--Stefan

Re: IIS 7.0

Posted by Mladen Turk <ml...@gmail.com>.
Stefan Wachter wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> has anyone already managed to integrate Tomcat into an IIS 7.0 using the
> isapi_redirect.dll? I tried for several hours but did not succeed.

I did (Vista Ultimate), and you are right, it's a real
PITA (like entire Vista is IMHO).

1. You have to create the Virtual Directory (not Application)
    named jakarta inside 'Default Web Site'
2. For that directory go to the
    HAndler Mappings -> ISAPI-dll mark enabled
3. Make sure you have installed
    II Services -> WWW Services-> App Dev Features
    (Check the ISAPI Extensions)
4. Click on the Server in the IIS Manager (Top icon)
    Now, click on the icon 'ISAPI and CGI Restrictions'
    Add 'Jakarta Isapi' pointing to the isapi_redirect.dll
    (make sure you make Rectriction == Allowed)

Rest is the same like for IIS5

That's it.
Easy, right?

Regards,