Posted to users@sling.apache.org by Bart Wulteputte <ba...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/16 12:43:36 UTC

Bad asset resource resolving

Hi all,

It seems that the way assets are resolved has changed a little. When an
asset contains an additional . (dot) it can't be resolved anymore to the
actual asset resource. e.g. /content/my.asset.pdf resolves to
/content/my.pdf rather than the expected path.

As a simple test you can copy the sling-logo.png to
/content/sling.logo.png. When now using the Sling Resolver Test - we see
that resolving /content/sling.logo.png results in a non-existing resource
with path /content/sling.png instead of the expected asset url. The section
after the first dot is now interpreted as a selector which didn't used to
be the case for assets in the past.

Was this intentionally changed or is this an actual bug?

Best regards

Bart

Re: Bad asset resource resolving

Posted by Bart Wulteputte <ba...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stefan

I've explained myself rather poorly. I've dug into this and prepared a
example package - which I've logged under SLING-6476 to better illustrate
the issue I'm having.

Posted by Stefan Seifert <ss...@pro-vision.de>.