Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by "Hans J. Prueller" <ha...@gmx.net> on 2007/03/29 19:44:51 UTC

RE: RE: WARNING: Connection not closed by caller - messages produced byOpenJPA?

Am Donnerstag, den 29.03.2007, 10:09 -0700 schrieb Patrick Linskey:

> If somehow you're holding onto a reference to the EM across multiple
> transactions, or the pool is somehow doling out duplicates or
> something,
> you should now see exceptions thrown indicating that the EM is closed.
> Alternately, if the EM was holding onto resources that the appserver
> thinks should have been re-pooled, that should now go away.
>
> -Patrick

Thank you for your thoughts, Patrick. I'll add the code you suggested to
our lookup-method and hopefully
the problem will  be gone now. Otherwise I don't have any more ideas of
how to migrate to JPA in a controlled way... ;-)

BTW: I have founded the "EJB23" project on dev.java.net
(http://ejb23.dev.java.net) which SHALL (soon) provide
documentation and tools for people who are trying to migrate EJB2.1 EJBs
to EJB3 as we are doing it. I also started
to write a "migration diary" where I wanted to document all the required
steps and encountered problems within
our migration process, also the current stuff we're doing with openJPA.
If anybody is interested: feel free to add
your comments and ideas or just regularly check my progress ;-) in the
wiki: http://wiki.java.net/bin/view/Projects/Ejb23
or directly:
http://wiki.java.net/bin/view/Projects/HanzzEjb23MigrationDiary

If we'll succeed in migrating our CMP beans to OpenJPA - expect above
Project/Wiki to be a good advertising for OpenJPA *gg*

Anyway -thank you for your support! Keep up the good work!

Hans