Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Paul Hill <pa...@gurunet.net> on 2005/01/17 17:46:10 UTC

Another Future User Reporting In

Web Maestro Clay,

You can add my name to the list of people who intend to use FOP as part
of a larger product/service... FOP has a perfectly positioned
functionally to meet the needs of may application developers.... We are
very interested in you perception of where the project is currently.
Thanks for you comments...

Great work.... I read and save every e-mail.

Paul

--
Paul B. Hill, paul@gurunet.net
GURU NETworks, Inc.

Re: Another Future User Reporting In

Posted by Paul Hill <pa...@gurunet.net>.
I have been on the e-mail list since June 2004.... Its been an
interesting project to track.

Paul
-----------------------------

Posted by The Web Maestro <th...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 17, 2005, at 8:46 AM, Paul Hill wrote:
> Web Maestro Clay,
>
> You can add my name to the list of people who intend to use FOP as
> part of a larger product/service... FOP has a perfectly positioned
> functionally to meet the needs of may application developers.... We
> are very interested in you perception of where the project is
> currently. Thanks for you comments...
>
> Great work.... I read and save every e-mail.
>
> Paul

Thank you for your kind comments, and welcome to the Apache FOP
community!

Unfortunately, I don't have anything to offer beyond the Apache FOP web
site's Status page[1]. As for the best estimate of a release of FOP
1.0, I'd check this POST by Jeremias[2].  FWIW, the FOP HEAD the branch
is where *all* development is happening, and FOP 1.0 will be the result
of work on HEAD. As with most Open Source projects, this is not a firm
date, but is probably the best guess anyone could give.

Thank you again for your kind words. BTW, I suspect this type off
discussion would be better served in fop-user@xml.apache.org, as this
ask questions regarding PATCH submissions, bug reports and design
issues.

[1]
http://xml.apache.org/fop/status.html

[2]