Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Amnon Khen <am...@cash-u.com> on 2004/01/21 14:41:51 UTC

multiproject target overriding

Hi,

I have a maven project that extends another one, each of which has its own
maven.xml. If I declare a goal with the same name in each maven.xml and
invoke the child Maven project, the parent goal is the one that's executed.
Is this the standard behavior? What can be done in order to avoid this?

Thanks for your time,
Amnon

Amnon Khen, Configuration Management, Cash-U Mobile Technologies LTD.
Mobile: +972-(0)54-922394 / Office: +972-(0)9-8920815
mailto:amnon.khen@cash-u.com <ma...@cash-u.com>  /
http://www.cash-u.com <http://www.cash-u.com/>
Israel - 45 Hamelacha St., P.O. Box 8617, New Industrial Zone, Netanya
36880, Israel / Tel: +972 9 8920888
Europe - Argentum, 2 Queen Caroline St., Hammersmith, London W6 9DT, UK /
Tel: +44 20 8323 8066
Asia-Pacific -  47A Duxton Road, Singapore 089511 / Tel: +65 67322440
This e-mail message and its attachments are for the sole use of the intended
recipient(s), may contain confidential and/or privileged information and are
to  be regarded as confidential information under any non disclosure
agreement. Any review, use, disclosure or distribution by persons or
entities other than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited. If you are not
the intended recipient, please contact the  sender by reply and destroy all
copies of the original message and its attachments.

Multiproject and site reports

Posted by Tim Chen <tc...@tampabay.rr.com>.
Seems like it should be simple but I can't seem to figure out how to do
this without hardcoding a path.
How do you define a single master project level configuration for your
reports if your running multiproject:site?

For example the checkstyle plugin/report wants to look for a
maven.checkstyle.header.file under ${basedir}/LICENSE.txt.
But if I have:

rootproject
    -subprojectA
    -subprojectB

How do I have all the project reports (including root) share the same
LICENSE.txt that I included in the master project?
Thanks,
-Tim

Re: multiproject target overriding

Posted by "Jefferson K. French" <je...@frenches.org>.
How are you invoking the goal in the child project? I'm not seeing the
same behavior here. I have the following goals:

Parent
------
check   - invokes multiproject with checkit goal
checkit - echos a message

Child (extends Parent)
-----
checkit - echos a different message

When I cd to the child project and run 'maven checkit' I just get the
child's output. When I run 'maven check', it invokes the parent's
check goal, but I do not get any messages from the parent's checkit
goal.

  Jeff

--
mailto:jeff@frenches.org