Posted to general@hadoop.apache.org by Isabel Drost <is...@apache.org> on 2011/04/11 14:18:44 UTC

Berlin Buzzwords - Schedule published/ Call for Hackathons

Hello,

as of today the schedule of Berlin Buzzwords is available online at:

http://berlinbuzzwords.de/content/program

We are amazed by the amount and quality of the submissions we got. As a result
this year we have added one more track to the main conference. If you haven't
done so already, make sure to book your ticket now - early bird tickets are
already sold out.

As we would like to give visitors of our main conference a reason to stay in
town for the whole week, we have been talking to local co-working spaces and
companies asking them for free space and WiFi to host Hackathons right after the
main conference - that is on June 8th through 10th.

If you would like to gather with fellow developers and users of your project,
fix bugs together, hack on new features or give users a hands-on introduction to
your tools, please submit your workshop proposal to our wiki:

http://berlinbuzzwords.de/node/428

Please note that slots are assigned on a first come first serve basis. We are
doing our best to get you connected, however space is limited.

The deal is simple: We get you in touch with a conference room provider. Your
event gets promoted in our schedule. Co-Ordination however is completely up to
you: Make sure to provide an interesting abstract, provide a Hackathon
registration area - see the Barcamp page for a good example:

http://berlinbuzzwords.de/wiki/barcamp

Attending Hackathons requires a Berlin Buzzwords ticket and (then free)
registration at the Hackathon in question.

Looking forward to meeting you in Berlin,

The Berlin Buzzwords team.

Re: Berlin Buzzwords - Schedule published/ Call for Hackathons

Posted by Shay Banon <ki...@gmail.com>.
Heya,

I would like to purchase the flight tickets to the conference, wondering if there are dates for the hotel yet? Guessing it will be similar to last year? Something like from the 5th till the 8th (3 nights)?

-shay.banon