Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Mark Wielaard <ma...@klomp.org> on 2005/12/05 20:34:54 UTC

Testsuite (Was: Where to place the core classlib code?)

On Thu, 2005-12-01 at 16:38 +0000, Tim Ellison wrote:
> Unless/until someone shows up with a comprehensive test suite we have
> to start by writing tests for everything that gets patched.

Take a look at http://www.sourceware.org/mauve/

Mauve is a collaboration of several companies and organizations started
by Cygnus, Transvirtual, Hewlett-Packard and the GNU project and is used
by GNU Classpath, gcj, kaffe, ikvm, cacao, etc. Mauve has several
modules and tens of thousands of tests for testing different parts of
the compilers, runtimes and core library implementations. The main
module has tests for the core library, there is a module jacks for
compiler tests, there is a module verifier for byte code verifier tests,
there is a visual tester for testing AWT implementations, a module for
rmic tests and a serialization testsuite.

Cheers,

Mark

Re: Testsuite (Was: Where to place the core classlib code?)

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
Indeed, Mauve is a great resource.

Regards,
Tim

--

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)
IBM Java technology centre, UK.

Re: Testsuite (Was: Where to place the core classlib code?)

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>.
Well, First we should get mauve pointed at what we have and start
using it.  Then I think it would be very cool to help switch it to
JUnit (or TestNG...)

geir

geirm@apache.org

Re: Testsuite (Was: Where to place the core classlib code?)

Posted by Anthony Green <gr...@redhat.com>.