Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch> on 2008/03/01 22:53:50 UTC

Re: Updating to a newer Forrest (was: Next release - when?)

On 01.03.2008 09:01:56 The Web Maestro wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 2:18 AM, Vincent Hennebert
> <vi...@anyware-tech.com> wrote:
> >  Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> >  > Looks good, Clay. Please commit it to Trunk. I'll take it from there and
> >  > make sure we can incorporate this in the 0.95 release. I'll also see
> >  > about switching to Forrest Trunk so we can use FOP 0.94/0.95 for the
> >  > PDFs.
>
> It's in there...

Thanks, Clay! I've already fixed most problems locally. There's a
problem with Forrest 0.8 and trunk concerning compliance.pdf. I've
already submitted a patch [1] against Forrest Trunk to fix this (plus
some other improvements). The "knownissues-overview" problem is for
tomorrow. I'll upload the changes when everything is working. The new
PDFs will look quite nice when this is finished. Except for the missing
auto-table-layout support, of course. :-(

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-1072

> >  > On 29.02.2008 08:34:00 The Web Maestro wrote:
> >  >> Howdy Folks,
> >  >>
> >  >> I've got an update to the FOP web site for the 0.95 release:
> >  >>
> >  >> http://people.apache.org/~clay/fop_refactored_0.95/
> >
> >  This is already looking better ;-)
> >
> >  >> It's not too different from before, except for the 'Using FOP 0.95' &
> >  >> 'FOP 0.95 Features' menus in the nav for the Home tab, and I've
> >
> >  I'm not sure those entries should be added to the Home tab. Basically
> >  they duplicate what's in the 0.95 tab, so that will add to the confusion
> >  IMO. The Home tab should remain dedicated to general informations about
> >  the project. What do others think?
>
> I removed those links in the nav, and instead replaced them with a
> link to a new Quick Start guide.

Only that Quick Start Guide is missing!?!

> >  Also, have you looked at disabling the menu auto-rolling feature? If
> >  not, I will ;-)
>
> Fixing that should be as easy as adding this to the bottom of the
> <extra-css> block in src/documentation/skinconf.xml:
>
> <extra-css>
>     .menuitemgroup{ display: block;}
> </extra-css>
>
> I just added a change to skinconf.xml in svn. Unfortunately, the
> change did not show in my local build. Nevertheless that's how Forrest
> works.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> The Web Maestro
> --
> <th...@gmail.com> - <http://homepage.mac.com/webmaestro/>
> My religion is simple. My religion is kindness.
> - HH The 14th Dalai Lama of Tibet

Jeremias Maerki

Re: Updating to a newer Forrest (was: Next release - when?)

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
I don't see a need to change that. I'll concentrate on the actual
contents to get the release out of the door.

Posted by The Web Maestro <th...@gmail.com>.
>  > >  > I removed those links in the nav, and instead replaced them with a
>  > >  > link to a new Quick Start guide.
>  > >
>  > >  Only that Quick Start Guide is missing!?!
>  >
>  > No...
>
>  Are you really sure? http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=632558&view=rev

D'oh! I'd `svn add`d it, but I wasn't using an svn co with https, so I
had to 'fix' it:

>  > I added a new file called 'Quick Start Guide' for the Home
>  > navigation. At present, the Quick Start Guide merely has links to the
>  > important Newbie stuff (mostly what I copied to the Nav from 0.95:
>  > Download, Build, Configure; as well as what you can do with FOP:
>  > graphics, embedding, servlets, etc.). My intention is to turn it into
>  > a 'real' Quick Start Guide.
>  >
>  > >  > >  Also, have you looked at disabling the menu auto-rolling feature? If
>  > >  > >  not, I will ;-)
>  > >  >
>  > >  > Fixing that should be as easy as adding this to the bottom of the
>  > >  > <extra-css> block in src/documentation/skinconf.xml:
>  > >  >
>  > >  > <extra-css>
>  > >  >     .menuitemgroup{ display: block;}
>  > >  > </extra-css>
>  > >  >
>  > >  > I just added a change to skinconf.xml in svn. Unfortunately, the
>  > >  > change did not show in my local build. Nevertheless that's how Forrest
>  > >  > works.
>  >
>  > Did you get the .menuitemgroup CSS to work?
>
>  Haven't tried it, yet. I will later today.

Cool!

The Web Maestro

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.

Posted by The Web Maestro <th...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 1:53 PM, Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch> wrote:
>  Thanks, Clay! I've already fixed most problems locally. There's a
>  problem with Forrest 0.8 and trunk concerning compliance.pdf. I've
>  already submitted a patch [1] against Forrest Trunk to fix this (plus
>  some other improvements). The "knownissues-overview" problem is for
>  tomorrow. I'll upload the changes when everything is working. The new
>  PDFs will look quite nice when this is finished. Except for the missing
>  auto-table-layout support, of course. :-(
>
>  [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-1072
<snip/>
>  > I removed those links in the nav, and instead replaced them with a
>  > link to a new Quick Start guide.
>
>  Only that Quick Start Guide is missing!?!

No... I added a new file called 'Quick Start Guide' for the Home