Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de> on 2004/08/23 02:48:50 UTC

Release Candidates for Turbine 2.3.1 and META 1.2 available

I just tagged and rolled:

jakarta-turbine-2.3.1-rc2.jar		(CVS: TURBINE_2_3_1_RC2)

If you are missing rc1: Yes. I tagged it, I rolled it, I uploaded it
and found a bug that made it unusable. So I didn't announce it
widely. Tonight I fixed this bug and RC2 is RC1 + bug fix. I'm
reasonable confident, that the 2.3.1-rc2 proves to be stable.

I currently plan to cut another Release candidate (RC3) with

- Torque 3.1.1 release
- Commons Configuration 1.0 release

and possible bug fixes, of course.

If RC3 proves to be stable, I will CfV for a 2.3.1 release.

Please test 2.1.3-rc2, especially if you had problems with the logging
subsystem. Turbine no longer hard codes log4j; if you use a different
logging system, you can turn the log4j configuration off by using
"none" as the file name for it.

I uploaded it to the http://www.apache.org/dist/java-repository/ site
from which it should be mirrored to www.ibiblio.org in a short time.

maven-turbine-plugin-1.2-rc1.jar	(CVS: META_1_2_RC1)

This is the first release candidate of the Maven Environment for
Turbine Applications (M.E.T.A.), a maven plugin intended to replace
the Turbine Development Kit (TDK).

Its home page is at http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/meta/

I uploaded it to the http://www.apache.org/dist/java-repository/ site
from which it should be mirrored to www.ibiblio.org in a short time.

When it has arrived on ibiblio, you can install it by running the
following maven commands:

$ maven -DgroupId=torque -DartifactId=maven-torque-plugin -Dversion=3.1.1-dev plugin:download
$ maven -DgroupId=turbine -DartifactId=maven-turbine-plugin -Dversion=1.2-rc1 plugin:download

I plan to release a RC2 when Torque 3.1.1 is released. If this proves
to be stable, I will CfV for an official M.E.T.A. release.

As usual, please report bugs, suggestions or patches directly to the
-dev list.

	Regards
		Henning

                                    Open Source Software Development"

Re: Intake bug in Turbine 2.3

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
"M. Sean Gilligan" <Se...@catalla.com> writes:

>JC just compared your fix with his, and he says yours is better.  We'll start using yours as soon as 2.3.1-RC3 comes out.  Thanks!

Thanks. :-)

Re: Intake bug in Turbine 2.3

Posted by "M. Sean Gilligan" <Se...@catalla.com>.

>>>Haven't gotten it, but as the fix was obvious, I fixed this bug
>>>anyway. If your fix is better, feel free to send it to me. :-)

JC just compared your fix with his, and he says yours is better.  We'll start using yours as soon as 2.3.1-RC3 comes out.  Thanks!

-- Sean

Re: Intake bug in Turbine 2.3

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
"M. Sean Gilligan" <Se...@catalla.com> writes:

>> >We have a fix completed and it seems to  be working.  I'll try to submit the patch later today.
>>
>>Haven't gotten it, but as the fix was obvious, I fixed this bug
>>anyway. If your fix is better, feel free to send it to me. :-)

>Sorry, Henning, for not submitting the patch sooner, I ran out of steam earlier than I expected on Friday.  I had hoped to save you some work.  One of my co-workers fixed the bug and I wanted to test it myself before submitting it.  I'll compare with your fix and see if there is anything worth noting.

No problem. It was basically a five minute fix. I needed more time to
close the ticket and write the change log entry. :-)

I tested the fix against an application which has always exhibited the
behaviour (though I could never point a finger at the reason) and with
this patch, all problems are gone. So I declare this "production
ready". ;-)

Re: Intake bug in Turbine 2.3

Posted by "M. Sean Gilligan" <Se...@catalla.com>.

Re: Intake bug in Turbine 2.3

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.

Re: Intake bug in Turbine 2.3

Posted by "M. Sean Gilligan" <Se...@catalla.com>.

Re: Intake bug in Turbine 2.3

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.

Re: Intake bug in Turbine 2.3

Posted by Angelo Turetta <at...@commit.it>.
> We were seeing a rule message being displayed improperly.
> e.g. "The password must be at least 4 characters" was being
> displayed as "s".

I've been seeing a symptom exactly like yours for ages, but been too lazy to
try and debug (or report) it....

> If there is a fix in the works, please let me know.
>  Otherwise we'll try to submit a patch tomorrow.

Given the amount of debugging you have done on the subject, you are probably
the best candidate to produce a patch. I'll be happy to test it, I have an
application exposing this behaviour.

Angelo Turetta

Intake bug in Turbine 2.3