Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/05 18:55:36 UTC

Re: Retrieve server status from commandline

Can you please open a JIRA on this issue?

There is no such command line tool right now but there is some
existing Java code that might help you with getting the server status.
Take a look at org.apache.geronimo.commands.ServerProxy in
geronimo-commands module. You should be able to do the following
(roughly):

ServerProxy proxy = new ServerProxy("localhost", 1099, "system", "manager");
while(!proxy.isFullyStarted()) {
  Thread.sleep(1000 * 10);
}
// if you are here, the server is fully started

Jarek

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
On May 25, 2008, at 4:14 PM, MTS wrote:

> I am trying to do the same.
>
> But I can not locate the org.apache.geronimo.commands.ServerProxy
> class or
> the "geronimo-commands" module. Where can I find it? WasCE is
> bundled with
> Geronimo v1.1.0.0. Is this why I can not find it?

Yes, the server proxy and the commands module are part of geronimo 2.1
(maybe 2.0.2, not sure).  They are definitely not in geronimo 1.x.
WASCE isn't exactly bundled "with" geronimo, it contains a modified
version of parts of geronimo.  The WASCE version numbers do correspond
to some extent with the geronimo version numbers, but not exactly (for
instance they have more components than the geronimo version numbers).

thanks
david jencks

Posted by MTS <ms...@webtechwireless.com>.
I am trying to do the same.

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
You could also look at the geronimo-maven-plugin, the geronimo:start-
server goal does wait for the server to be started before allowing
builds to continue.  This is what we use in our testsuite to automate
start/deploy operations.

--jason