Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org> on 2015/06/12 18:45:14 UTC

Migrating to CXF 3.0.5 - Without Spring

Hi,

I have an app, doesn't leverage spring presently.  I'd like to keep it that
way.  In CXF 2.7.x, I used to use Endpoint.publish(path,implementor) to
create my endpoints.  It seems that now in CXF 3.0.x, that same call has
some internal dependencies on Spring.  Namely ServerFactoryBean [1] is
referencing ClassHelper, where ClassHelper is referencing Spring classes
for CGLIB proxies.  It turns out my solution was in [2], however I'm
wondering if we can improve the checking and verify the existence of the
Spring class before this check?  No need to set a system property then.

John

[1]:
https://github.com/apache/cxf/blob/cxf-3.0.5/rt/frontend/simple/src/main/java/org/apache/cxf/frontend/ServerFactoryBean.java#L192

[2]: