Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Omri Cohen <om...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/15 13:59:58 UTC

Copying few field using copyField to non multiValued field

Hello all,

in my schema.xml i have this fields:

   <field name="at_location"               type="text" indexed="index"
stored="true" required="false" />
   <field name="at_country"               type="text" indexed="index"
stored="true" required="false" />
   <field name="at_city"                   type="text" indexed="index"
stored="true" required="false" />
   <field name="at_state"               type="text" indexed="index"
stored="true" required="false" />.

I am trying to do the following:

<copyField source="at_city" dest="at_location"/>
<copyField source="at_state" dest="at_location"/>
<copyField source="at_country" dest="at_location"/>

I am getting the next exception:

ERROR: multiple values encountered for non multiValued copy field
at_location

some one has any idea, how I solve this without changing at_location to
multiField?

thanks

*Omri Cohen*

Co-founder @ yotpo.com | omri@yotpo.com | +972-50-7235198 | +972-3-6036295

My profiles: [image: LinkedIn] <http://www.linkedin.com/in/omric> [image:
Twitter] <http://www.twitter.com/omricohe> [image:
WordPress]<http://omricohen.me>
 Please consider your environmental responsibility. Before printing this
e-mail message, ask yourself whether you really need a hard copy.
IMPORTANT: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential.
They are intended for the named recipient(s) only. If you have received this
email by mistake, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose
the contents to anyone or make copies thereof.
Signature powered by
<http://www.wisestamp.com/email-install?utm_source=extension&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=footer>
WiseStamp<http://www.wisestamp.com/email-install?utm_source=extension&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=footer>

Re: Copying few field using copyField to non multiValued field

Posted by Michael Kuhlmann <mi...@affinitas.de>.
In addition to Bob's response:

Am 15.06.2011 13:59, schrieb Omri Cohen:
[...]
>    <field name="at_location"               type="text" indexed="index"
> stored="true" required="false" />
>    <field name="at_country"               type="text" indexed="index"
> stored="true" required="false" />
>    <field name="at_city"                   type="text" indexed="index"
> stored="true" required="false" />
>    <field name="at_state"               type="text" indexed="index"
> stored="true" required="false" />.
1. The value for "indexed" should either be "true" or "false", but not
2. Why do you set all fields to be stored, when they are copied anyway?

Greetings,
Kuli

Re: Copying few field using copyField to non multiValued field

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
It Depends (tm). In this case on what you mean by "exact match".
In Solr land, that has a precise meaning of a single token. So in
your example it wouldn't match since you have two tokens that
happen to be next to each other, not a single token"billy corgan".

But if you mean that you want a match for searching these
separate different searches:
"billy corgan",
"billy"
"corgan"

then this will work just fine if you do a copyField (with the appropriate
positionIncrementGap) and search for "billy corgan" as a _phrase_,
that is, with quotes.

Best
Erick

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Barry:

This is just an artifact of the output. If you set positionIncremenGap to 1
(or maybe 0, but I think 1) then phrase searches will work just fine across
multiple entries. With the proper setting for positionIncrementGap, there
is really no difference between multiValued and non-multiValued fields. I
think it defaults to 100 or something like that.

If by "exact match" you mean using something like a KeywordTokenizer, then
it wouldn't work anyway I don't think.

Best
Erick

Posted by Michael Kuhlmann <so...@kuli.org>.
Hi Omri,

there are two limitations:
1. You can't sort on a multiValued field. (Anyway, on which of the
copied fields would you want to sort first?)
2. You can't make the multiValued field the unique key.

Both are no real limitations:
1. Better sort on at_country, at_state, at_city instead.
2. Simply choose another unique key field. (Your location wouldn't be
unique anyway.)

Greetings,
Kuli

Posted by Omri Cohen <om...@gmail.com>.

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 4:01 PM, Bob Sandiford <bob.sandiford@sirsidynix.com

Posted by Bob Sandiford <bo...@sirsidynix.com>.
Oops - sorry - missed that...

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
How would the resulting single-valued field look like? Concatenate all input fields into one long string?

If that's what you need, I've written a FieldCopy UpdateProcessor which can do that. I'll contribute it in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-2599

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

Posted by Gora Mohanty <go...@mimirtech.com>.
On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 6:11 PM, Omri Cohen <om...@gmail.com> wrote:
> thanks for the quick response, though as I said in my original post:
>
> *"some one has any idea, how I solve this without changing at_location to
> multiField? "*
[...]

Posted by Omri Cohen <om...@gmail.com>.

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 3:21 PM, Bob Sandiford <bob.sandiford@sirsidynix.com