Posted to user@struts.apache.org by RajiR <ra...@yahoo.com> on 2008/03/06 14:49:19 UTC

Problem while reading applicationContext.xml file automatically in integrating struts2+springs2.5+hiberante3.2

HI,
I have injected springs into struts2 using applicationContext.xml file.While
inserting records into database,am getting spring session by again loading
applicationContext.xml file using a java class.Here is that java class:

 package  service;

 import org.springframework.context.ApplicationContext;

 import org.springframework.web.context.support.WebApplicationContextUtils;

 import java.util.Map;

 import javax.servlet.ServletRequest;

 public class ServiceFinder {
	  private static ApplicationContext ctx = null;

	  public static Object getBean(ServletRequest request, String beanName) {
	  if (ctx == null) {
		   if (!(request instanceof HttpServletRequest)) {
			  throw new IllegalArgumentException(
					 "Can only process HttpServletRequest");
			 }
		  HttpServletRequest httpRequest = (HttpServletRequest) request;
		  ctx = getContext(httpRequest);
		 }

		Object obj= new Object();
		return obj;

	 }

	 /**
	  * Allows test cases to override where application context obtained from.
	  *
	  * @param httpRequest which can be used to find the
	 *        <code>ServletContext</code>
	  *
	  * @return the Spring application context
	  */
  public static ApplicationContext getContext(HttpServletRequest
httpRequest) {
	   return WebApplicationContextUtils.getRequiredWebApplicationContext(
						httpRequest.getSession().getServletContext());
	 }
 }

So i have just used getHibernateTemplate() method inorder to do transactions
in my hibernatedao implementation.
        My problem is: if i don't write above java class to explicitly load
applicationContext.xml file am getting getHibernateTemplate() as null and
getting a NPE.Why is it happening?I would like to use getHibernateTemplate()
method without explicitly loading appContext.xml file since its already
loaded at the time of starting my application(deploying the project) using
tomcat..Any idea is greatly appreciated?

Plz reply as early as possible...........replies plzzzzzz

Re: Problem while reading applicationContext.xml file automatically in integrating struts2+springs2.5+hiberante3.2

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.
You should ask  this question(s) on the spring forum. In any case you
should let the Spring load applicationContext.xml, and not do it
yourself, unless you have a good reason for it.

musachy