Posted to dev@ws.apache.org by Vanya Seth <vs...@progress.com> on 2011/03/15 11:22:38 UTC

Type System Extensibility in Woden

Hello Everyone,

Just like Woden supports XMLSchema as the TypeSystem.
I need to understand the extension points for adding support for other Type Systems.

Thank you in advance.

Regards
Vanya Seth
Progress Software Development Pvt. Ltd.
Hyderabad, India

Re: Type System Extensibility in Woden

Posted by Sagara Gunathunga <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Vanya,

What is the other Type system you want to support ?

There is a open Jira issue [1] to support other type systems but no
work has been done in this area. I also can provide some limited
details about this matter. Basically  TypeDefinition [2] Component
supports for other type systems where it's  getContent() returns a
Object and need to cast into underline type system accordingly . But
TypesElement[3] Element only support for W3C Schema but it is possible
to refactor it in order to supports other type systems.

Please go through the provided references and Woden highly welcome any
contributions in this area .

[1] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WODEN-114
[2] - http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/woden/trunk/java/woden-api/src/main/java/org/apache/woden/wsdl20/TypeDefinition.java
[3] - http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/woden/trunk/java/woden-api/src/main/java/org/apache/woden/wsdl20/xml/TypesElement.java