Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Des <ch...@orcon.net.nz> on 2014/02/14 03:26:12 UTC

re duplex

Hello Everybody

I have Open Office 4.01 connected to a Brother MFC-4710DW printer & I would like to do duplex printing so I can save on the number of trees being used for printing.

My printer is able to do duplex printing

Unfortunately I have not been able to find a setting on Open Office which I can use to set up duplex printing.

Your help in this matter would be appreciated.

All The Best

Desmond

Re: re duplex

Posted by Girvin Herr <gi...@sbcglobal.net>.
On 02/13/2014 07:50 PM, Doug wrote:
> On 02/13/2014 09:26 PM, Des wrote:
>> Hello Everybody
>>
>> I have Open Office 4.01 connected to a Brother MFC-4710DW printer & I
>> would like to do duplex printing so I can save on the number of trees
>> being used for printing.
>>
>> My printer is able to do duplex printing
>>
>> Unfortunately I have not been able to find a setting on Open Office
>> which I can use to set up duplex printing.
>>
>> Your help in this matter would be appreciated.
>>
>> All The Best
>>
>> Desmond
>>

> Normally that is a setup in the printer driver that you use in your
> Linux to setup the printer.
> Probably under "Options" or "Properties." In OpenOffice 4.0.0 under
> the Print command is a
> Printer Settings menu, then Properties, that allows you to set duplex
> printing. Don't know about 4.1.
>
> --doug

You don't say what OS you are using, but if you are using CUPS for
printing, the default printer settings can be adjusted there.  In your
browser, type the URL

    http://localhost:631/

To get into CUPS and add/delete/modify printer settings.  If the printer
has duplex, then it can be set "ON" as default.

As was defined by Doug, in OpenOffice, try

    File -> Printer Settings -> (select the printer) -> Properties

To enable duplex.  Also, Selecting the "Device" tab will show a list of
printer properties that can be changed.  There should be a "Duplexer
Installed" option, or some such name.  If it is not installed, then you
can select the duplexer option and then a list of "Installed" or "Not
Installed" should show up in the right pane. You should be able to
"install" it there.

But the best thing is to enable it in the CUPS driver as default. If you
are not using CUPS, then I am not sure this applies.
Hope this helps.
Girvin Herr

Re: re duplex

Posted by Doug <dm...@optonline.net>.