Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Bregitte Pracht <w_...@yahoo.com> on 2007/05/22 17:01:18 UTC

need help with invoking/tracing sample echo service for axis2c

I am using the simple http axis2c server,
axis2_http_server, on linux ppc. I am using a Java
client to send a soap request to the server. The
service that is requested is the sample echo service,
provided with axis2c.

Based on traces, the server seems to find
services/echo ok as service=echo, operation=echoString
when it first launches.

Based on traces I have added to the server to
serialize the envelope to the axis2c.log file, the
envelope seems to arrive ok from the client.

I have two symptoms that I hope someone can please
help me with. They are very likely related and one and
the same issue.

-1-I have added traces to the echo service (all the
pertinent functions (create, invoke, etc.), but I
don't see these appear in the axis2c.log file? Any
idea why?

-2-When the server receives the envelope, function
axis2_raw_xml_in_out_msg_recv_invoke_business_logic_sync(...)
in src/core/receivers/raw_xml_in_out_msg_recv.c is
called. Based on traces, the server realizes that the
operation requested is echoString. Eventually within
said function, AXIS2_SVC_SKELETON_INVOKE(...) gets
called and returns a result_node (which is an
axiom_node_t struct). This result_node is then used to
build a response to be sent back. However, it does not
appear to contain what would be expected and it causes
the server to segfault. Any idea why? Does this mean
my echo service is not deployed correctly? I don't see
any failure logs that would indicate my echo service
is deployed incorrectly, but obviously something is
wrong. The trace level is set to 5.

Thanks for any help, pointers anyone can offer.

Best regards,
Bregitte

Re: need help with invoking/tracing sample echo service for axis2c

Posted by Bregitte Pracht <w_...@yahoo.com>.
Dinesh, Samisa,

  Just a quick note to say thanks for your attention and responses.

  I've solved my problem. It was caused by using incorrect compiler options which inadvertantly led to allowing dlopen/dlsym to _pretend_ to load the shared service library.

  -b.

Dinesh Premalal <xy...@gmail.com> wrote:
  Hi Bregitte,
There is memory corruption occured at fr 4. It is quite
difficult to determine what has happened only with
backtrace. Is it possible to you to send us your axis2.log?

It would be greate if you could tell us , exact message that
you sent to the server.

Other thing that you can do is, try echo service in the svn
head [1].

thanks,
Dinesh

1.http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/axis2/trunk/c/samples/server/echo/

--
Dinesh Premalal
http://xydinesh.wordpress.com

---------------------------------
Building a website is a piece of cake.

Re: need help with invoking/tracing sample echo service for axis2c

Posted by Bregitte Pracht <w_...@yahoo.com>.
Dinesh and Samisa, Thank you both very much for your

Actually, I am running the server with these options
"axis2_http_server -l 5 -p 180". I meant to say that I
added debug logs (not traces) to the echo service.
Sorry about the confusion. My mistake.

Best regards,
-b.

Here's the gdb traceback. The line numbers for frames
2+ may be a little off since I added debug logs to
those files. The line numbers in frames 0 and 1 are
correct.

(gdb) bt
#0  axiom_node_add_child (om_node=0x100b1bf0,
env=0x100a84a8, child=0x1) at om_node.c:155
#1  0x0feb5010 in
axis2_raw_xml_in_out_msg_recv_invoke_business_logic_sync
(msg_recv=0x100b1bd8, env=0x100a84a8,
    msg_ctx=0x100b1bf0, new_msg_ctx=0x100b0b90) at
raw_xml_in_out_msg_recv.c:323
#2  0x0feb4ba8 in axis2_msg_recv_invoke_business_logic
(msg_recv=0x100b1bd8, env=0x1, in_msg_ctx=0x1,
out_msg_ctx=0x0)
    at msg_recv.c:392
#3  0x0feb4998 in axis2_msg_recv_receive_impl
(msg_recv=0x100a5d18, env=0x100a84a8,
msg_ctx=0x100a8fc0, callback_recv_param=0x0)
    at msg_recv.c:318
#4  0x0feb4c08 in axis2_msg_recv_receive
(msg_recv=0x100b1bd8, env=0x1, msg_ctx=0x1,
callback_recv_param=0x0) at msg_recv.c:427
#5  0x0feab9ec in axis2_engine_receive
(engine=0x100b0898, env=0x100a84a8,
msg_ctx=0x100a8fc0) at engine.c:288
#6  0x0ffd1ae0 in
axis2_http_transport_utils_process_http_post_request
(env=0x100a84a8, msg_ctx=0x100a8fc0,
    in_stream=0x100a94b8, out_stream=0x100b0898,
content_type=0x100a8618 "text/xml; charset=utf-8",
content_length=269153936,
    soap_action_header=0x100a9420,
request_uri=0x100a9270
"http://10.1.0.0:180/axis2c/services/echo")
    at http_transport_utils.c:485
#7  0x0ffd0f9c in axis2_http_worker_process_request
(http_worker=0x100a6460, env=0x100a84a8,
svr_conn=0x100a84c0,
    simple_request=0x100a8500) at http_worker.c:303
#8  0x0fe2c380 in axis2_svr_thread_worker_func
(thd=0x100a6488, data=0x100a6470) at
http_svr_thread.c:256
#9  0x0ff49d1c in dummy_worker (opaque=0x100b1bd8) at
thread_unix.c:85
#10 0x0fbadb90 in pthread_start_thread (arg=0x1) at
manager.c:291
#11 0x0fada450 in clone () from //lib/libc.so.6
(gdb)

This is the services.xml file for echo:

<service name="echo">
    <parameter name="ServiceClass"
locked="xsd:false">echo</parameter>

   <description>
        This is a testing service , to test the system
is working or not
   </description>

    <operation name="echoString">
            <!--messageReceiver
class="axis2_receivers" /-->
            <parameter name="wsamapping"
>http://ws.apache.org/axis2/c/samples/echoString</parameter>
    </operation>

</service>

This is the xml file (soap envelope) that is sent by
the Java client:

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope

  <SOAP-ENV:Body>

    <ns1:echoString
xmlns:ns1="http://ws.apache.org/axis2/c/samples"><text>Hello
World!</text></ns1:echoString>

  </SOAP-ENV:Body>

</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

Posted by Dinesh Premalal <xy...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com>.
Dinesh Premalal wrote:
> Bregitte Pracht <w_...@yahoo.com> writes:
>

>> I am using the simple http axis2c server,
>> axis2_http_server, on linux ppc. I am using a Java
>> client to send a soap request to the server. The
>> service that is requested is the sample echo service,
>> provided with axis2c.
>>
>> Based on traces, the server seems to find
>> services/echo ok as service=echo, operation=echoString
>> when it first launches.
>>
>> Based on traces I have added to the server to
>> serialize the envelope to the axis2c.log file, the
>> envelope seems to arrive ok from the client.
>>
>> I have two symptoms that I hope someone can please
>> help me with. They are very likely related and one and
>> the same issue.
>>
>> -1-I have added traces to the echo service (all the
>> pertinent functions (create, invoke, etc.), but I
>> don't see these appear in the axis2c.log file? Any
>> idea why?
>>
> Those traces might in echo.log.(Unless you explicitly set axis2c.log
> for echo service)

The trace messages has to be there in axis2.log file and not echo.log
file. (echo.log is the client log file)
There are two problems here:
1. You have to compile Axis2/C with trace enable to see trace logs. To
do this, inculde -DAXIS2_TRACE to your CFLAGS variable before
configuring Axis2/C. Yes, you have to build from source to enable trace.
Binary distribution is built with trace disabled.
2. Second problem here is that you are running the server with debug log
level, the default log level. You have to run simple axis server with
trace log level to see the trace log messages in the server log:
e.g. ./axis2_http_server -l 5

Thanks,
Samisa...

--
Samisa Abeysinghe : http://www.wso2.org/ (WSO2 Oxygen Tank - Web Services Developers' Portal)

Re: need help with invoking/tracing sample echo service for axis2c

Posted by Dinesh Premalal <xy...@gmail.com>.
Bregitte Pracht <w_...@yahoo.com> writes:

> I am using the simple http axis2c server,
> axis2_http_server, on linux ppc. I am using a Java
> client to send a soap request to the server. The
> service that is requested is the sample echo service,
> provided with axis2c.
>
> Based on traces, the server seems to find
> services/echo ok as service=echo, operation=echoString
> when it first launches.
>
> Based on traces I have added to the server to
> serialize the envelope to the axis2c.log file, the
> envelope seems to arrive ok from the client.
>
> I have two symptoms that I hope someone can please
> help me with. They are very likely related and one and
> the same issue.
>
> -1-I have added traces to the echo service (all the
> pertinent functions (create, invoke, etc.), but I
> don't see these appear in the axis2c.log file? Any
> idea why?
Those traces might in echo.log.(Unless you explicitly set axis2c.log
for echo service)

> -2-When the server receives the envelope, function
> axis2_raw_xml_in_out_msg_recv_invoke_business_logic_sync(...)
> in src/core/receivers/raw_xml_in_out_msg_recv.c is
> called. Based on traces, the server realizes that the
> operation requested is echoString. Eventually within
> said function, AXIS2_SVC_SKELETON_INVOKE(...) gets
> called and returns a result_node (which is an
> axiom_node_t struct). This result_node is then used to
> build a response to be sent back. However, it does not
> appear to contain what would be expected and it causes
> the server to segfault. Any idea why? Does this mean
> my echo service is not deployed correctly? I don't see
> any failure logs that would indicate my echo service
> is deployed incorrectly, but obviously something is
> wrong. The trace level is set to 5.
Could you please send some more details, like gdb backtrace. It would
be great if you could create a jira for this issue and attach
whatever details available there.

thanks,
Dinesh

Posted by Bregitte Pracht <w_...@yahoo.com>.
I haven't received any responses. I'm probably
impatient. Here's a different spin on my query:

I have deployed the echo service into
AXIS2C_HOME/services/echo. Using a webbrowser I can
see the service.

My question is: I have added debug traces to the echo
service functions housed in the libecho.so lib (init,
create, invoke, echo, etc.), but I don't see these
traces appear in the axis2.log file. Does anyone know
what needs to be done to make these debug traces
appear in the log file or anywhere else for that
matter? It would greatly help me to debug the
segfault.

Thanks for any help/hints anyone can offer!
-b.