Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Simon Pepping <sp...@leverkruid.nl> on 2004/07/16 21:17:13 UTC

Re: cvs commit: xml-fop/src/java/org/apache/fop/fo FOTreeBuilder.java

On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 05:10:32AM -0000, gmazza@apache.org wrote:
>   Log:
>   Moved user-defined ElementMapping initialization from Driver to FOUserAgent.
>   Moved only "string" method, the version we use internally--probably sufficient
>   for others' work as well.  (Note: an additional unused FOUserAgent object will
>   be created in driver during command-line use--cp. its no-param constructor vs.
>   setUserAgent() call in apps.Fop; this will need to be ironed out at some time.)

Introduce a constructor Driver(FOUserAgent foUserAgent)? It is good to
enable our own CLI and embedding apps to first construct the user
agent with all desired features and then create a driver with it.

Regards, Simon

--
Simon Pepping
home page: http://www.leverkruid.nl

Re: cvs commit: xml-fop/src/java/org/apache/fop/fo FOTreeBuilder.java

Posted by Glen Mazza <gr...@yahoo.com>.
--- Simon Pepping <sp...@leverkruid.nl> wrote:

> Introduce a constructor Driver(FOUserAgent
> foUserAgent)? It is good to
> enable our own CLI and embedding apps to first
> construct the user
> agent with all desired features and then create a
> driver with it.
>
> Regards, Simon

That might work.  That version of the constructor
would not create an FOUserAgent on its own.  I have a
few more simplifications left in Driver--let's return
to this issue shortly.

Thanks,
Glen