Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/13 01:14:32 UTC

[VOTE] Tapestry 5.0.15 -- Release Candidate

I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.0.15, ready to be
voted upon.  This is the release candidate.

The files are uploaded to:

http://people.apache.org/~hlship/tapestry-releases/

and a Maven repository:

http://people.apache.org/~hlship/tapestry-ibiblio-rsynch-repository/

Please examine these files to determine if a new preview release,
5.0.15, is ready.

I've also created a 5.0.15 tag in Subversion:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tapestry/tapestry5/tags/releases/5.0.15/

On a successful vote, I'll move the files from these directories to
the proper distribution directories.

Vote will run for three days; on success I'll move the voted artifacts
into place and send out appropriate notifications.

I'm looking forward to having several weeks of exposure of the release
candidate.  If no critical, unpatchable errors occur, this can be the
5.0 GA.  I'm already looking forward to doing some ambitious things in
the 5.1. release.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.0.15 -- Release Candidate

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Sep 13, 2008 at 6:52 AM, Martin Papy <ma...@liber-mundi.org> wrote:

> I can't really test this version because I'm on holidays...
>
> But I thought that the bug with the nested BeanEditor would be a problem for
> a Release Candidate because this is something that new comers to Tapestry
> would probably want to try and the resulting StackOverflow is not very
> useful to understand what is happening => not good for the image of Tapestry
> ?

This is now fixed.  I'm going to redo the 5.0.15 build today or
tomorrow and start a new vote.

Posted by Martin Papy <ma...@liber-mundi.org>.

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Howard M. Lewis Ship: -1

A serious bug in the source distribution can't be ignored.

I'm correcting it, and a couple of other bugs.  I'll send a [REVOTE]
when it is ready.

As a side note: I'm rushing to get the RC out because I'll be
traveling from Sep. 15 to Oct. 10 and I will not be able to do much
work, especially not big stuff like creating a Tapestry release!

Posted by Geoff Callender <ge...@gmail.com>.
On 14/09/2008, at 9:17 AM, Howard Lewis Ship wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 13, 2008 at 3:32 PM, Geoff Callender
> <ge...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 0 (non-binding)
>>
>> I appreciate the need to draw a line in the sand, but I know a lot
>> of people
>> will be influenced by whether Tapestry addresses AJAX cleanly.
>>
>> * AjaxFormLoop will waste their time badly because it desperately
>> needs
>> documentation.  I've searched the mailing list and no-one seems
>> clear on how
>> to use it. I'd suggest either add an example or remove AjaxFormLoop
>> from the
>> RC.
>
> I hope to do more documentation during the 5.0.15 vote, and during the
> next month or so that we let 5.0.15 gain exposure before starting a GA
> vote.

Thumbs up.

>> * The Select component could really do with a Zone parameter (it
>> has 17
>> votes at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-2361 ).
>
> I don't see a patch...
>
> This could be implemented as a mixin on Select.

That sounds like a good thing to say in the doco of Select.

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Geoff Callender <ge...@gmail.com>.
0 (non-binding)

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.