Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Rob Decker <ro...@objectsource.org> on 2005/04/21 19:32:56 UTC

panelGroup

Is there some sort of magical incantation for getting a panelGroup to render?

It always gives errors about component id's if I don't explicitly set them on the
direct child elements if there are more than one. So explicitly set each one to a
unique value.

I have it inside a panelGrid as the second column. The td elements show up for the
column but nothing shows up in them. At least on of the children of the panelGroup is
a outputText that always should render. No errors show up in any of the logs.

--
Rob

@objectsource.org

HTML-Popup with a 1-second-delay?

Posted by Hendrik Neumann <ma...@hendrik-neumann.de>.
Hi everybody,

is it possible to add a 1-second-delay to your popup-component. Because I'm
using it to display a context-sensitive help for my self-made icons. If the
user doesn't know what a speficic item means, he should place the mouse above
the icons and after 1 second the popup-help should be displayed. Now the
help-popup-frame is ALWAYS displayed whenever the user hits a button, which
is - in length of time - a little a little bit annoying.

Is this possible to add such a 1-second delay to a popup-component?

Greetings,
Hendrik

research center 459, Ruhr-University of Bochum

Re: panelGroup

Posted by Rob Decker <ro...@objectsource.org>.
A little more on this...

I have a search results page which shows X amount of results per page. Since I already
have a search results object that contains the info needed I'm not using the
dataScroller but instead just dumping the necessary info using outputText,
commandLinks and data from my searchresults object.

The first time I do a search I get the panelGrid with only "Results 1 to 10 of 90528".
That's column 1. Column 2, the panelGroup, is "<< < 1 2 3 4 ... 9021 9022 9023 9024 >
>>" doesn't get rendered. If I hit the search button again then I see the panelGroup.

There's really nothing different about the page from my perspective between the first
search and the second. I don't even change the parameters of the search and I'm
clicking the same button to perform the search each time. The searchresults object I'm
using is the same on that I use to output "Results 1 to 10 of 90528" and to display
all the results.

This happens whether I use <h:panelGroup> or <x:panelGroup>.

--
Rob

@objectsource.org

------- End of Original Message -------