Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Johnny Quazar <qu...@bitblaster.com> on 2003/02/23 19:13:46 UTC

Re: Strange Cookie problem

Maybe it's about the script name (and thereby the cookie path)? Have
you carefully inspected your cookie cache?

It took me a long time to come up with this, but it works in all
cases that I've found. I'll share it FWIW maybe it will give you some
ideas:

SET:
            CookieParser cp = data.getCookies();

            DynamicURI dui = new DynamicURI(data, "/");
            dui.removePathInfo();
            dui.setScriptName("/");
            cp.setCookiePath(dui);
            cp.set("myCookieName", "myCookieValue", 60*60*24*365);

GET:
            CookieParser cp = data.getCookies();
            String myCookieValue = cp.getString("myCookieName");

HTH, debugging this sort of thing isn't especially fun :<

Re: Strange Cookie problem

Posted by "Henrik W. Hansen" <sp...@procesgruppen.dk>.
Hi
Thanks for your response. It did not help me though. I am still not
receiving the cookie on Linux when using your code. I am  having the
correct behavior when running on Windows!
But I have found out this much. If  I try and set the cookie by calling
an action that sets a cookie as the first thing I do when opening the
browser, no cookie is set. But if i log in to jetspeed with a user and
the tries to set the cookie it works fine.
The url from where I am not able to set the cookie is:
http://192.168.1.2:8080/jetspeed/portal or
http://192.168.1.2:8080/jetspeed/index.jsp
 From the following url i am able to set the cookie.
http://192.168.1.2:8080/jetspeed/portal/media-type/html/user/a/page/default.psml/template/Home

I recon it must be some Path problem?

To inspect my cookie cache i use Mozillas Cookie Manager, and for IE I
just browse C:\Documents and Settings\username\Cookies
I guess that is the way to incept the cookie cache?

Any ideas why I can not set the cookie from the "root" url ?

Any help would greatly be appreciated.
Best regards
/Henrik