Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by WXR <47...@qq.com> on 2013/07/01 10:32:22 UTC

How to use the basic guest network without any security group?

If I add a basic zone with security group,all ingress traffics will be blocked by default.So I need to add the rules to let the vm be accessed.
But if I add a basic zone without any security group,all ingress traffics are still be blocked by default.How can I let it be accessed?
I think a guest network without any security group should be accessed directly,should not be blocked by default.

Re: How to use the basic guest network without any securitygroup?

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
On 01.07.2013 09:32, WXR wrote:
> If I add a basic zone with security group,all ingress traffics will
> be blocked by default.So I need to add the rules to let the vm be
> accessed.
> But if I add a basic zone without any security group,all ingress
> traffics are still be blocked by default.How can I let it be accessed?
> I think a guest network without any security group should be accessed
> directly,should not be blocked by default.

I think it should be blocked by default and apparently so do the devs,
but it's trivial to change that.
Go to Network and select "Select View: Security groups", then Add an
ingress rules, from port 0 to port 65535 for CIDR 0.0.0.0/0, for both
TCP and UDP. If you also want "ping" enabled add another rule of type
ICMP from port -1 to -1 for 0.0.0.0/0.
Security Groups are very nifty thing to have.

Nux!
www.nux.ro