Posted to user@chukwa.apache.org by rajasagar <ra...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/17 20:59:05 UTC

Getting started on Windows- Cygwin

Hi,
    Wondering if anyone of you have had this idea of implementing Chukwa for
log processing but confined to windows environment for various wrong
reasons.

How should one be able to do a PoC on windows platform... has anyone been
able to run this setup on Windows before going to Unix.

Kindly let me know...

Re: Getting started on Windows- Cygwin

Posted by TARIQ <do...@gmail.com>.
Hi raja,

  I am trying to collect files from a windows machine and store them in HDFS
located on a linux machine. I have Hadoop setup on both of these machines. I
have also setup Chukwa on the linux machine, but I am facing some issues in
configuring Chukwa on windows..Could you provide me some help if you were
able to setup Chukwa on windows.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
   Tariq

Re: Getting started on Windows- Cygwin

Posted by rajasagar <ra...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Eric and Ariel for your quick responses.

I haven't reached there yet... to know about Sigar. I've started exploring
it, may be i'll get there shortly.

Re: Getting started on Windows- Cygwin

Posted by Eric Yang <er...@gmail.com>.
Sigar works with Windows NT 4+, Windows 2008 Server and Windows 7.
In theory, Chukwa can work on Windows with some minor script changes.  However, this has not been exercised by the community.

regards,
Eric

Posted by Ariel Rabkin <as...@gmail.com>.
Howdy.