Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Michael Wuttke <mi...@beuth-hochschule.de> on 2014/07/04 15:18:17 UTC

using OpenMeetings via LDAP and/or moodle with one account?

Hello,

Is it possible to use OpenMeetings via LDAP and/or a external tool like
moodle only with one account in OM?

The background is: Our users using moodle via LDAP authentication and if
they entering a OM room via moodle the first time a new OM account will
be created. And if these users later login at the GUI of the OM instance
via LDAP authentication a new OM account will be created with the same
username, firstname, lastname and email address like the created one via
moodle.

The other way around: first login via GUI and then login via moodle it
is the same.

How can I avoid these situation, having two accounts for one user?

Thanks for any ideas or hints,
Michael

Re: using OpenMeetings via LDAP and/or moodle with one account?

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
I'm afraid it is currently impossible :(
to implement this Moodle plugin should be rewritten

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: using OpenMeetings via LDAP and/or moodle with one account?

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for sharing this :)
I will release 3.0.3 as soon as red5 1.0.3 will be released (should be
before Jul, 19)

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: using OpenMeetings via LDAP and/or moodle with one account?

Posted by Michael Wuttke <mi...@beuth-hochschule.de>.

Hello Juan,

Thanks a lost for your hint,

Michael

Posted by Michael Wuttke <mi...@beuth-hochschule.de>.
Hello Juan,

please could you send your openmeetings_gateway.php your diff of the
file? I tried your suggestions but it doesn’t work. I've got an user
via moodle with the userid of moodle in the column
om_user.externaluserid and the om_user.type 'user' and I've got an
user via LDAP directly with no entry in the column
om_user.externaluserid and the om_user.type 'ldap'.

Many thanks,
Michael

Posted by Juan Carrera <ca...@unizar.es>.
Sure,