Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Sonie Thomas <so...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/30 19:38:53 UTC

Retain form fields while filling forms

I have a PDF with Acrobat extended features. The from can be filled in
manually and saved/printed. I have a program using PDFBox which adds data
to certain fields in the form and saves it as a file.

My code is based on the one
here<http://www.daedtech.com/programatically-filling-out-pdfs-in-java>

The problem I am facing is that when the above is done, the PDF is
flattened and the form fields are gone. Acrobat also shows a warning that
the document's extended features are not available since the document was
modified.

Is there a way with PDFBox to add data to this kind of form while keeping
the form fields available for manual entry later?
PS: This is the same question as
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18987085/pdfbox-retain-form-fields-while-filling-forms

Thanks
Sonie Thomas