Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by "MrAsanjar ." <af...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/19 18:17:41 UTC

Big Data Solution Project Proposal.

To whom it may concern,
My name is Amir Sanjar, Big Data Solution Development Lead at Canonical. My
team has been developing various Big Data solutions built on top of Apache
Hadoop, Hortonworks, and Cloudera distributions (i.e
https://jujucharms.com/big-data). We would like to contribute these and
future solutions to the Apache BigTop community. I wish to propose creating
a BigTop Solution project to house all big data solutions regardless of
orchestration tool (i.e. Juju, Ambari, Chef, ClouderaManager, puppet, ...),
any suggestions ?

Fwd: Big Data Solution Project Proposal.

Posted by jay vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for updating on this mrasanjar !!!!!!!!!!! Thats interesting to hear.

Posted by "MrAsanjar ." <af...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "MrAsanjar ." <af...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jay,

Posted by jay vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "MrAsanjar ." <af...@gmail.com>.
Good questions:
Q) how do you think the charms will be contributed?
A) We are planing to move all charms to github, that will make the
contribution process much easier. Goal is to mirror bigtop contribution
process.

Q) How they are going to be maintained, by whom, etc.
A) we in canonical will maintain all contributed charms as a committer to
the project. However we will  strongly recommend more community members to
join contributor and committer ranks, as any other open source project.

Q) How the interaction between Bigtop-proper and the
Juju charms store (?!) would be formed?
A) Charmstore is getting remapped, meanwhile we could provide tools to sync
bigtop<->Charmstore

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
Thanks Amir.

Posted by "MrAsanjar ." <af...@gmail.com>.
Hi Konstantin,

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
Hello Amir.

Posted by "Kelly, Jonathan" <jo...@amazon.com>.
Looks cool, but it seems to be licensed under GPL v3/LGPL, so it wouldn't be possible to contribute it to Apache Bigtop, would it?

~ Jonathan

Sent from Nine<http://www.9folders.com/>