Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Christophe Bisciglia <ch...@cloudera.com> on 2009/05/06 03:25:47 UTC

Free Training at 2009 Hadoop Summit

Just wanted to follow up on this and let everyone know that Cloudera and Y!
are teaming up to offer two day-long training sessions for free on the day
after the summit (June 11th).

We'll cover Hadoop basics, Pig, Hive and some new tools Cloudera is
releasing for importing data to Hadoop from existing databases.

http://hadoopsummit09-training.eventbrite.com

Each of these sessions normally runs about $1000 but were taking advantage
of having so much of the Hadoop community in one place and offering this for
free at the 2009 Hadoop Summit.

Basic training is appropriate for people just getting started with Hadoop,
and the advanced training will focus on augmenting your existing
infrastructure with Hadoop and taking advantage of Hadoop's advanced
features and related projects.

Space is limited, so sign up before time runs out.

Hope to see you there!

Christophe and the Cloduera Team

On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 6:10 AM, Ajay Anand <aa...@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
> This year’s Hadoop Summit
> (http://developer.yahoo.com/events/hadoopsummit09/) is confirmed for June
> 10th at the Santa Clara Marriott, and is now open for registration.
>

> We have a packed agenda, with three tracks – for developers,
administrators,
> and one focused on new and innovative applications using Hadoop. The
> presentations include talks from Amazon, IBM, Sun, Cloudera, Facebook, HP,
> Microsoft, and the Yahoo! team, as well as leading universities including
UC

--
get hadoop: cloudera.com/hadoop
online training: cloudera.com/hadoop-training

Re: Free Training at 2009 Hadoop Summit

Posted by Bradford Stephens <br...@gmail.com>.
Hey there,

I notice this is already sold out -- any chance of more openings? :)

Cheers,
Bradford