Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org> on 2005/10/20 03:04:26 UTC

Getting V1.0 out the door - first step ;-P

All,

We got a couple of +1's about getting G out the door by ApacheCon.  I'd like to
start formalizing our thinking about it and I think the first step is getting
someone to step up and volunteer to lead the effort.

I'll throw my hat in the ring as, at least for me, it will be a good learning
experience in pulling everything together.  And for everyone else as well so
they can see how badly I suck at all things administrative :)

For those more experienced and knowledgable ones out there that don't want to
miss out on this great opportunity here is your opportunity to say, "No, Matt, I
would love to do it!!!"

In the unlikely event that I end up with the opportunity I'll start preparing by
reviewing what we did last time when Jeff lead the team to Release victory.

Don't be shy

- Matt

Re: Getting V1.0 out the door - first step ;-P

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On 10/19/05, Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org> wrote:

> We got a couple of +1's about getting G out the door by ApacheCon.  I'd like to
> start formalizing our thinking about it and I think the first step is getting
> someone to step up and volunteer to lead the effort.
>
> I'll throw my hat in the ring as, at least for me, it will be a good learning
> experience in pulling everything together.  And for everyone else as well so
> they can see how badly I suck at all things administrative :)
>
> For those more experienced and knowledgable ones out there that don't want to
> miss out on this great opportunity here is your opportunity to say, "No, Matt, I
> would love to do it!!!"
>
> In the unlikely event that I end up with the opportunity I'll start preparing by
> reviewing what we did last time when Jeff lead the team to Release victory.

I'm willing to volunteer to help with anything necessary with the 1.0
release. Let's just agree now to decide as a team when to cut the
release and how things will go.

Bruce
);'

The Castor Project